Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > RCBS vs. Lee carbide dies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 02:12 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Not some halfassed machined chrome bumper that Lee calls a reloading die. Been to the RCBS factory and they are great people who all love to hunt, shoot fish and take PRIDE in producing the best quality equipment they can. FLAME ON....."

Not me, I flame no one. Roll around laffing a lot but never flame anyone! I'm too mature to have blind loyalty to inanimate objects so I buy by function and features. I've been reloading since '65. I currently have some 50+ die sets from more than a dozen makers in 30+ calibers and have owned more; they all work fine IF I do my part, none work well if I screw up - and that includes Lee as well as RCBS.

ALL dies are cut to SAMMI standards and that's a range for every dimension, not a specific point. And that's a fact, not "precisioneered" advertizing BS. I've proven that, on average, there is as much variation between dies of the same maker as there is between makers. If you like a brand's features, fine, but don't slime others just because you don't like how they look.

If Lee had made the Classic Cast single stage in '87 when I bought my Rock Chucker II my main press would be red; it's the better press in every respect.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:39 AM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

I have a lee press and I've used the rcbs press and have both brands of dies theres no big difference between them to me its just a red or green, I like the lee hand gun dies because of the powder thur expander die, and all of my rifle dies are rcbs. I love them both great press and great dies, and they both stand behind their products lee just makes a cheaper product money wide but not quality. Its like buying dewalt tools or milwaukee, not them and harbor freight.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #23

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
ALL dies are cut to SAMMI standards and that's a range for every dimension, not a specific point.
I use RCBS for plinking does. For my F-class or my bench guns I have my smith cut my sizer die with the exact same reamer he chambers my barrel with.

Just because I am shooting under 12" at 1k.