Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > RCBS Precision Mic Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default RCBS Precision Mic Question

I recently bought two Precision Mic's in a lot at an estate sale and have tried calling RCBS but with no luck. The only time I get an answer is when they are closed, The number is always busy during business hours.... Now that is off my chest my question is.

Are the following parts correct for # 88304 .223 Rem Precision Mic

Body is marked .223
Land nut is marked .22
Head Space Nut Assembly is marked #1

Thank you for your help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #2

RCBS (is part of ATK’s Civil Ammunition Systems Group) like many companies that manufacture ammunition are super busy working extra shifts, etcetra...

Your best bet is to email them rcbs.tech@atk.com and they should get back to you with an answer in 24 to 48 business hours, be sure to give them your full name and address with your question or problem to solve and the best way to get a hold of you if needed. Until the ObamaNation settles down, long delays and long hold times are going to be a problem.

Otherwise, call RCBS (1-800-533-5000) "As Early As Possible" Monday thru Thursday (closed on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays) at least to the public. Also, remember their hours are Pacific Standard Time being in California.

Getting replacement parts and such has been slow and time consuming by phone, but emails go smoothly, and you might get a package to your door in 2 or 3 days without even getting a call back!! Now that is what I call "Service"

Doug

Old 05-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

The firearms indrudstry is the only one booming right now. I have not always gotten threw to RCBS either. for what they do they really are a small company. I would do as Esoterix says and email them. If they get it they will get you going in the right direction and if the parts are not correct they will send you the needed parts.