Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Rcbs jr3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 03:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Default Rcbs jr3

My neighbor got a new reloading rig for Christmas. He was kind enough to give me his RCBS JR3. I have never reloaded before so I don't know what else I need. He just gave me the press. No dies, scale, etc. Any info would be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2010, 02:54 AM   #2

If I were you, I wouldn't buy any reloading equipment until you've bought and read a book by the name of "The ABC's of Reloading". Is a wealth of general reloading knowledge, and breaks down pistol, rifle and shotgun reloading step-by-step. It also talks about some of the different equipment you need and what to look for when buying equipment.

This book was the first thing I bought and it was the best thing I ever did.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 12-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #3

Ditto above message. I've been reloading for about seven years now, and that book (on a recommendation from another experience reloader) was the first thing I bought and read cover to cover. Then I asked around, "What works? What doesn't?" etc. etc. etc. Good luck to ya. That book will take care of the "broad strokes." Then you'll see just how much stuff is out there! Depends if you want to spend a few hundred bucks to get set up or a few thousand!

Old 12-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #4

In the grand sceme of things, he gave you the easiest part for your loading outfit.