Ranger sxt ammo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Ranger sxt ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Marlin- Winchester withdrew them from the market under the Black Talon name. Old joke is that SXT means Same Xact Thing. Being illegal is another matter.

Now, a few of us are researching bullets made of Plutonium and Uranium 235- if you hit him enough times and keep your group sizes small, you can achieve critical mass, and get a nuclear detonation- THOSE are likely to be illegal everywhere except Israel, Switzerland, and North Dakota.

"Why, no, officer- I am not carrying nukes- must be some background radiation from when I drove thru Los Alamos..."
Yes I know they did.......didn't stop my mentor from buying 150 boxes when he could though

Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #12

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Winchester Ranger FMJ ammo is labeled LEO only. It's a FMJ bullet that goes a whopping 85 FPS faster than an Aguilia FMJ. That 85 FPS must have taken a lot of work for Winchester to achieve. I wonder if it detonates on impact when fired from the proper weapon. All it does from my P95 is flatten out on contact with a steel plate.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 11-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2773 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Then I guess missouri isn't a real state then cuz they sure as hell are illegal to own here.
I would be very interested in seing the exact statute that prohibits such amunition. I have searched the web for such a statute and have been unable to locate any such law. I am not saying you are wrong, butI would like to see the law in print.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Last edited by robocop10mm; 11-18-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm

I would be very interested in seing the exact statute that prohiubits such amunition. I have searched the web for such a statute and have been unable to locate any such law. I am not saying you are wrong, butI would like to see the law in print.
Ya so would I.....you know better than most that if a cop says something is law then they are never wrong:rolls eyes: that being said I seriously doubt you have done that to someone. We had a local cop come by the shop amd tell us he was confiscating our "illegal" ammo. My mentor told him not wo a warrant and evem then not wo a fight because they sure as hell ARENT illegal. Hell I carry something very similar everyday-hornady black scorpions 230 gr 45 acps. They were part of some test ammo we got. Why they were never mass produced I don't know. They are a cross between hydrashoks amd xst's pretty much.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2773 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Any officer who tries to confiscate Black Talons because they are "illegal" is an idiot and unfit to wear the badge. I tell people almost daily to stop watching the mainstream news as they are mostly FOS.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
Any officer who tries to confiscate Black Talons because they are "illegal" is an idiot and unfit to wear the badge. I tell people almost daily to stop watching the mainstream news as they are mostly FOS.
Yep....he got shot bout a year later for illegal search and seizures when in civvies off duty. Sadly the idiot went on to become sheriff. That lasted bout 6 months and he got his job pulled and his life ruined bc he ummmmmm slept w a couple inmates. Male ones.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #17

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Rumor has abounded for years that it's illegal in Mississippi.

I searched. And searched. I could find NO restrictions in ANY ammo in Mississippi.

I think this stems from the fact that they stopped making/selling "black talons", thereby making them almost impossible to come by, and had them removed from store shelves, marking similar ammo LEO ONLY.

I agree with above. I think that's a marketing gimmick. I know those who use it who aren't LEO, and never have trouble buying it.

Also, I would think, that for liability purposes, police departments generally wouldn't want their cops using some super secret restricted ammo type. Robo, please clarify if you will.

My step brother is a LEO in Denison Texas, a pretty rough neighborhood, and they're restricted to "off the shelf" ammo, meaning only what the average LAC is also able to purchase.

Funny thing- his department decided to adopt the 357SIG. He has no problem with that, and is personally pretty impressed with it. What he has an issue with is that it's some of the most expensive ammo out there and they have to buy all their own training and duty ammo out of pocket. Also, unlike many departments, they have a good deal of required range time, I think a total number of rounds per month somewhere in the range of a few hundred.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #18

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Then I guess missouri isn't a real state then cuz they sure as hell are illegal to own here.
No they aren't.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed

No they aren't.
Read the post about the deputy. It'll explain what I ment

Old 11-19-2012, 02:29 AM   #20

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Read the post about the deputy. It'll explain what I ment
Ah, you were using the sarcasm font. It looks similar to serious font in florescent lighting.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?