Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Range report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/range-report-80243/)

Tenderribbs 01-03-2013 09:26 PM

Range report
 
1 Attachment(s)
Sunny with wind front right to left at 5 to 10mph . the temp was 45deg . I was shooting a Del-ton 223 . The barrel was free floated and I also had a a trigger job done . It has a short 16in M-4 barrel .The barrel is a 1 to 9 twist . I was using Winchester brass and Remington caps for small rifle. The powder I chose was H-335 24.8 gn with a 50 g Hornady 50g. sp./SX . I shot groups of three , three different targets and was able to keep all within 1MOA :-). Very pleased I believe I have found the load for this rifle .

Attachment 77963

Sniper03 01-03-2013 09:40 PM

Ribbs,

At 100 yards?

03

Tenderribbs 01-03-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03
Ribbs,

At 100 yards?

03

Dang! ... I always forget something ... Yes at 100yds. Just the most important part of the report :-/

purehavoc 01-03-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenderribbs (Post 1078626)
Dang! ... I always forget something ... Yes at 100yds. Just the most important part of the report :-/

Come back and report when u can cover those 3 shots with a dime.





:D jk. Nice shooting.

Tenderribbs 01-04-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc
Come back and report when u can cover those 3 shots with a dime.

:D jk. Nice shooting.

I can do that now PH !...... At 20yds :-) thanks , but I think I've squeezed everything I can out of this weapon with that bullet . I'm going to try a 52 g next and see what happens .

purehavoc 01-04-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenderribbs (Post 1079091)
I can do that now PH !...... At 20yds :-) thanks , but I think I've squeezed everything I can out of this weapon with that bullet . I'm going to try a 52 g next and see what happens .

Try a 62 gr and see what you get

Tenderribbs 01-04-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc

Try a 62 gr and see what you get

So a 62g .....hmmmm ...I haven't tried a 62 yet . You think my 1 to 9 will stable that bullet . I have tried 50, 55, 60, and a 77 , but not a 62 . Ill give it a shot . I guess your using varget with that load ? Or H-335 ? How many grains ?What do you trim to for that combo ?Come on now don't be holding out on me .!Hehe. Thanks

purehavoc 01-06-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenderribbs (Post 1080171)
So a 62g .....hmmmm ...I haven't tried a 62 yet . You think my 1 to 9 will stable that bullet . I have tried 50, 55, 60, and a 77 , but not a 62 . Ill give it a shot . I guess your using varget with that load ? Or H-335 ? How many grains ?What do you trim to for that combo ?Come on now don't be holding out on me .!Hehe. Thanks

I don't reload so u can't tell you I get my 62 gr from my buddy I pat for the components from him and he reloads them . I would have to ask. I do know they are a 62 gr fmj boat tail


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.