Range Reloading - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Range Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

i would say an rcbs partner or lee's $30 press bolted to a 2x6 so the bolts dont stick out the bottom would be good. my range has shooting tables so i can clamp it on.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #12

I do like the Sinclair arbor presses, but after looking at the Harrell powder measurers, do they really justify the price?! If I'm weighing every charge, as I'll do with these rounds, do I really need one that expensive? I'm all about spending money for quality, is it worth it? I don't have tables at my range, so I'd need something I don't really need to bolt down or clamp to something. Will I see marked improvements in accuracy with wilson dies over using my rockchucker at the house with standard RCBS dies? Thanks for all the input guys, I do appreciate it.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1250 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOMFD View Post
I do like the Sinclair arbor presses, but after looking at the Harrell powder measurers, do they really justify the price?! If I'm weighing every charge, as I'll do with these rounds, do I really need one that expensive? I'm all about spending money for quality, is it worth it? I don't have tables at my range, so I'd need something I don't really need to bolt down or clamp to something. Will I see marked improvements in accuracy with wilson dies over using my rockchucker at the house with standard RCBS dies? Thanks for all the input guys, I do appreciate it.
Yes,the Harrell powder dispenser's are the cream of the crop,and well worth the expense.
The Wilson dies are Bench Rest quality dies,so I'd say they are better than standard dies.Will they make you or your gun shoot better-?

There are a couple guy's that shoot at the range I go to that have these set-ups.They are all competition shooters,and very good.They shoot custom built rifles,and most shoot ragged hole groups.

I personally can't see spending money on this type of set up.I go to the range to shoot,not load ammo.I load many different loads for testing before I go to the range,and write down the results in a log.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:15 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Lyman #55 Is a real good one the other one is belding & mull they sell for $60-$80

Old 08-31-2012, 02:16 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Belding & mull can be found on eBay.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:49 AM   #16

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Gent I shoot with has what I recall are 3 RCBS Jr presses bolted to a steel bar. One press has a resizer die, one holds a Lee Ram Primer, and other the bullet seater die. Also on the bar is a Harrell powder measure. He clamps this rig to one side of the bench he is shooting from and speedily works up loads for his rifles.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:23 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If the cost is to high why buy it in the first place.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:06 AM   #18

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

"Lol I sense a rock chucker fanboy ;b lol "

Yep. They're no harder to spot on the web than tracking a hippo across a sand dune.

Saying 'what's best for range loading' isn't that simple. It matters what your range consists of, do you have shelter or not, benches or not, how stable are the benches, etc. And what accuracy your rig - and you - are capabile of. Most guys are well served with a Lee hand press and the other tools for their choice. Having a cardboard box large enough to contain the powder scale outta the wind is good too.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:31 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

No I have Hornaday lock and load set up single stage & ap