Primer shortage? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Primer shortage?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Seems to be the last month or so the shortage is easing up on componets for reloading. I got 1000 rounds of Berger bullets I use and 1000, rounds of new Nozler brass I use. I did, however order these items direct from the factory and had to wait for a couple of months for them to make their annual production run for these componets. Found the primers I use in a store in Modesto, Cali., and drove down and got them. Powder has not been an issue for me as I had enough to get thorugh this recent buying frenzy. Will be looking for more primers soon, but will buy locally. I dont like paying Hazmat fees for shipping.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #42

I agree, the shortage is evidently easing-up. I saw a ton of primers on the shelf at the local sportsman's warehouse yesterday. Plus another local shop has powders of all kinds running out his ears ... says the orders are flowing in.

BTW, we're just a couple of miles from Ellett Brothers - not that we get special treatment around here but the word on the street is that the shortages are definitely easing.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #43

Try small gun shops in your area. I live in the county next to Pittsburgh PA. The large gun stores are out. There are two small gun stores that have them. The smaller of the two, he runs his business out of his home, part time, I don’t think he every ran out.
The gun store in downtown Irwin got a shipment in about a month ago and sold out in about a week.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallo Pazzesco View Post
I agree, the shortage is evidently easing-up. I saw a ton of primers on the shelf at the local sportsman's warehouse yesterday. Plus another local shop has powders of all kinds running out his ears ... says the orders are flowing in.

BTW, we're just a couple of miles from Ellett Brothers - not that we get special treatment around here but the word on the street is that the shortages are definitely easing.
What really ticked me off when I decided to check several online vendors yesterday and found one retailer selling primers by the the tray for as much as $14.00/ea. That's one vendor who will never get a dime's worth of business from me at any point in the future. Period.

Putting a limit on the maximum number any customer can purchase is fine by me, but "limiting" the quantity by increasing the price by 400% is BS in my book.

F. Prefect

Old 08-04-2009, 12:27 AM   #45

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Primers??

Went to my local supplier this last weekend looking for Lg. Pistol primers-none in stock-left with a 5K brick of Lg. Rifle(Remington 91/2) instead. Oh well, got the Lg.Rifle covered for a while.

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 08-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #46

I'm still in bad need of 34s and 41s. Not sure when they will return but I have decided to invest half the bank account in each of those once I see them around thirty bucks per k again.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #47

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

"I would like to know whats going on with primers. ... Are people hoarding them?"

Yep. Powder, cases and bullets too. As soon as they come in, they go out. Eventually the hoarders garages will be too stuffed for more and they will stop.