Primer shortage? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Primer shortage?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 01:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Got some Winchester large pistol primers yesterday for $31 per thousand. Not too bad. The place had about 10,000 in stock. However, I was looking for small pistol and small rifle primers too and no luck. The only other primers he had in stock was 209's and large rifle magnum primers. Powder was lean also, they were out of 748, H335, Varget, BL C-2, basically anything that reloads in the 223 and 308. I did score a couple pounds of H4895 though.

Ammo seemed to be in good supply though.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 AM   #12

I have been ordering from Midway USA, but apparently thier supply is running short, as far as Washington seeing and understanding this? NOT! et it while you can and hope for the best!

"As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also"
Thomas Jefferson

"Freedom is only one generation from extinction"
Pres. Ronald Reagan
Member; NRA, GOA, and TSRA. ResistNet.com member

"When the ballot box no longer counts, the ammunition box does. Whats' in your ammo box?"

Old 04-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #13

Default Ready for slingshots

Hey Big Country! Down here in Belen some of use almost don't know what fresh ammo looks like these days. I am shooting stuff I loaded for reserve use over 15 years ago. I you see a score for anything ammo related drop a note!

npbwbass

Just because you don't believe in something is not going to stop it from happening.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #14

Default Shortage ! Hoarding !

.223 brass is the same way everyone is hoarding all the reloading supplies.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #15

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
I wish I could get back into reloading; however, the wife will not allow me to keep the goods in the garage or the shed and even with a fire-proof storage box! Thehouse is a no-no!

I keep my reloading stuff, shells, primers, powder, etc in the bedroom closet. Smokeless powder in itself is not explosive. It is FAST burning. If our house catches on fire, the last thing I'm doing is staying around to get stuff out. If the fire reaches the closet, oh well.

Keeping black power around in your house is a little more risky (for muzzle loading shooting) However, I have known and myself in years past when I shot black powder, kept it, too, in the house. Nice and dry. Just don't smoke around any primers, poweder, or at the time of reloading.

Here in Michigan, we must be better off than most people. I bought 1,000 Large Pistol primers the other day, and there were still some on the shelf. A bit expensive at 29.95 for Winchester!! Last time I bought primers at On Target in Kalamazoo, MI was last Oct. and they were only $1.79 / box of 100. At that time there were LOTS. Also bought 1000 Rainier plated bullets the other day for reloading.. .45 ACP caliber. There is still powder, brass, primers, bullets (reloading) and some manufuacture bullets availabe. More in .45 and above than below, but at a local Gun Store I saw some .38 and .357 magnums cartridges for sale.

Vern

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"

Last edited by Darth AkSarBen; 04-12-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Addendum:

Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #16

Default Primer and general shortage of ammo

We are all very worried about the coming confiscation of firearms, ammo, and all else relating to the shooting sports. In my State a total Gun Ban is pushed by our Jewish Governor. It is a shame he doesn't know his history, Hitler grabbed all German guns before he began!!!!!!!!!!! So only the Germans whom fore saw what was coming could grab their firearms and hid in Alsase Lorraine a province in France close to the Swiss ALPS where even panzer tanks could not go! My forefathers fought had children and died there! But if we did not have something to fire, rocks would not have saved us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 01:57 AM   #17

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Welcome In! Rifleman01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman01 View Post
We are all very worried about the coming confiscation of firearms, ammo, and all else relating to the shooting sports. In my State a total Gun Ban is pushed by our Jewish Governor. It is a shame he doesn't know his history, Hitler grabbed all German guns before he began!!!!!!!!!!! So only the Germans whom fore saw what was coming could grab their firearms and hid in Alsase Lorraine a province in France close to the Swiss ALPS where even panzer tanks could not go! My forefathers fought had children and died there! But if we did not have something to fire, rocks would not have saved us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all welcome the forum, Rifle. Jewish or Christian, an Anti-gun Gov.is NOT in tune of the People of his State. Your Gov. needs to learn from my Gov. ==He approved Lifetime CCW Permits, concealed carry in State Parks, and several other Pro-gun items. Now if I could only find primers to load my brass??

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 04-22-2009, 03:46 AM   #18

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Yes, Welcome to the forums, Rifleman01 !! Indiana sounds good. Michigan is not as bad as some. Vermont and Alaska have them all beat. Only problem.. it's cold in the winter there, and Alaska has mostly winter with a little spring/summer thrown in just to tease you.

Vern

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"

Old 04-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #19

I was talking to the guys here in Ely, NV @ Sportsworld. They told me that next week they are supposed to get in 100,000 primers. The only problem is when my friend in Las Vegas called me back, he asked me to pick up some for him as they will not ship out, you have to go to the store to get them....JOHN

Old 04-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #20

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

There is no primer shortage. To many people trying to corner the market and make $400 profit on their brothers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.asp?SearchResults.asp?SearchType=0&K eywords=primers&Cat=1016

Me I am just going to sit back and wait while shooting my rimfires. Then when these douche bags all figure out that they can't make any money off of us they will list them at cost and I will buy 10,000 of small rifle, large rifle, and pistol. Maybe even 20,000 if they flood the market.

Last edited by cpttango30; 04-26-2009 at 05:36 PM.