Powder Scales?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Powder Scales?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Powder Scales?

I am working on getting into reloading (ordered my Modern Reloading 2nd edition today) but I have a question about powder scales..

Do you guys trust the Lee Saftey Scale? It seems I've heard mixed opinions on it.

Would you guys trust one of the digital jewelry scales that you can get from eBay that also does grains?

If I get the classic turret kit from Kempf, and add a scale.. I should be up and running right?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've never heard anyone question the accuracy of the Lee scale. It can be really sensitive, and a bit touchy to use, and its limited capacity means you can't weigh most bullets; but it works just fine for its intended use.

No, I would not trust the cheap eBay scales

"Those who have long enjoyed privileges as we enjoy, forget, in time, that men have died to win them."

Franklin D. Roosvelt