Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Powder Miser (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/powder-miser-103699/)

MOshooter 02-05-2014 11:53 PM

Powder Miser
 
I started reloading the 9x19mm last week for the first time,and impressed with the economical little 9mm powder miser! I normally load 45 acp,44 mag,40s&w,357 mag in pistol cartridges.
Seems like a pound of Unique will go a long way in this little cartridge,only using between 4-5 grains of powder behind a cast 122 grn. bullet and the recoil? What recoil? :) lol
I started loading this round for my wife,she's a great shot with a 22 pistol and 38 specials from a medium size revolver,after that from a 357 mag to the 45 acp just seems too much for her. So I ordered a 40-9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 23 and she has really been enjoying the 9mm cartridge and shooting it very well.

There's a lot to like about this little cartridge

JonM 02-06-2014 12:14 AM

Definately an easy round to load. My wife is a 9mmaholic everything has to be 9mm with her heh.

MOshooter 02-06-2014 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1499532)
Definately an easy round to load. My wife is a 9mmaholic everything has to be 9mm with her heh.

Yes I was amazed how easy the 9mm cartridge loads,i'm glad I picked up some extra small pistol primers last weekend....Haha Jon on the "9mmaholic",before it's over I see her(my wife) wanting her own 9mm of some sort soon,very soon :)

aandabooks 02-06-2014 02:49 AM

At one time I had sold/traded off all of my 9mm handguns. That was about a half year ago. Now I'm back up to 4. My love of the 9mm returned after I discovered 147gr bullets and the far better recoil impulse over the standard 115gr.

Rick1967 02-06-2014 02:51 AM

I cast a 147 grain semi-wadcutter for my 38 and 357. But I also size them to 356 and load them for 9mm. My Ruger P95 eats them right up. Very accurate too.

MOshooter 02-06-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks (Post 1499646)
At one time I had sold/traded off all of my 9mm handguns. That was about a half year ago. Now I'm back up to 4. My love of the 9mm returned after I discovered 147gr bullets and the far better recoil impulse over the standard 115gr.

I've really enjoyed reloading the 9mm..I'll have to give the 147 gr. bullets a try,so far the 122 gr. bullet seems really mild in the recoil dept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1499648)
I cast a 147 grain semi-wadcutter for my 38 and 357. But I also size them to 356 and load them for 9mm. My Ruger P95 eats them right up. Very accurate too.

Now that's interesting using a cast .358 38/357 sized down to a .356 for a 9mm? I may just have to give this a try since I don't have a .356 9mm mold yet,but do have several 38/357 bullet molds.

robocop10mm 02-07-2014 12:36 AM

I cast a 125 gr RNFP (Lee mold) and also size it to .356 for 9mm and .357 Sig. The AR 9mm likes it. Cast hard and loaded with a near max load of Blue Dot, it hits hard out of the 16" barrel

MOshooter 02-07-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 1500289)
I cast a 125 gr RNFP (Lee mold) and also size it to .356 for 9mm and .357 Sig. The AR 9mm likes it. Cast hard and loaded with a near max load of Blue Dot, it hits hard out of the 16" barrel

Robocop Thanks for the input,definitely going to try sizing some .358s down to .356 for the 9mm before buying an actual .356 9mm bullet mold...I'm sure that AR 9mm is a hoot to shoot :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.