Powder Availability

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Powder Availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Powder Availability

Have any of you been able to get your hands on powder lately? I am really starting to get concerned after seeing bare shelves for so long. I have talked with reps at Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse and a few other places and they tell me the same story. They say the powder doesn't come in very often and when it does it is really limited in selection and numbers. They haven't had any 8-pound containers come in for a long time. I was fortunate enough to get a pound of IMR4064 but I really want some H4350. Do any of you see any light at the end of the tunnel or is powder going to be hard to get from now on? Please, tell me something to cheer me up.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 754 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 348

This entire shortage is the result of the Democrats and their gun/ammo control/confiscation agenda.
The 2014 elections are just around the corner and things will change. The Democrats with the help of the Lying MSM, the Hollywood Left, Voter Fraud and pissed off Conservative that will "sit-this-one-out" will retain the Senate and re-take the House. This will give the Gun Grabbers the Super Majority they need to further their confiscation agenda.

Yup, things are going to change in the next year or two, but not for the better.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

I'm new to reloading..(I know bad time) lgs in ny just had some 1lb bottles.. I grabbed titewad and imr 4895 from him.. Problem was there were 29.99 a lb... Bit pricey but at least I found some! Natchez shooter supply has the most variety instock as of now.. A hand full of primers there too

Old 09-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #4

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts

MOST powders are available here. IMR 4064 and Alliant Power Pistol are the 2 hardest to find around here, other than 1 place that has real high prices.
Primers have been showing up regularly, so has bullets. Last few weeks, Cabelas shelves have actually had selections, not just the lucky box of bullets that happened to show up.
Ammo is easy to find again except for 9mm and .22lr. Most prices are just above what they were.
Still not back to how it was before, but for sure better than its been in quite awhile.