poly ammunition - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > poly ammunition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

That's it. I thought USAC, but was not sure from memory so I left that out. I have one round in my cart. collection

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3099 Times on 1553 Posts
Likes Given: 383

What's the upside?
Certainly not cost. "50 rounds of more pedestrian .380 ball goes for $22,"certainly nothing to get excited about. Even with the argument that plastic is cheaper than brass, the obvious question to me is: How much does the process cost to join the case head with the plastic body? It also seems like a likely point of failure it not done correctly. In light of that, how is it an improvement over a one piece design? If you can't do it cheaper than say Blazers or even Hornady Steel Match, what have you accomplished, aside from an interesting engineering exercise? That's not even taking the cheap Russian stuff into account.
Performance? I don't see it being any better than existing products.
Durability? To many variables to know at this point. Will it tolerate an unsupported chamber at 9 mm pressures (+P, +P+?) consistently? Shelf Life? Service life (unfired)? How many load & unload cycles will it tolerate and stay serviceable?
Earth friendliness (if that's your thing) - How is it more earth friendly than getting numerous reloads from a traditional brass case? I thought petroleum was evil? Where does plastic come from again?
If it doesn't perform better, last longer or cost less...
The fact that the brass cartridge case has yet to be fully replaced should tell us something. It was a pretty good idea from the get go.

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?