People Taking Advantage of the Ammo Shortage - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > People Taking Advantage of the Ammo Shortage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Please- not the government buying all the ammo thing again
I don't know about that. It makes for mental indigestation just to wonder why the Obama administration authorized the purchase of 1.6 Billion bullets, plus another 21.6 Million 2 weeks ago. If he can't force a gun control. Then the strategic move was to create a shortage nationwide. 'What good is a firearm if you have no ammo?' is their way of thinking. It moves into a checkmate on us.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5740 Times on 3249 Posts
Likes Given: 5177

More silly conspiracy krap in the shooting section.

Let's keep this kind of krap in the conspiracy subforum.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #13

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Welcome to the forum fortunately I'm not having an issue with ammo I can get what ever I need reasonably priced at my local lgs here in south Texas.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 02-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 412 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
More silly conspiracy krap in the shooting section.

Let's keep this kind of krap in the conspiracy subforum.
Agree the conspiracy would work if ammunition manufacturers were going to stop making bullets after the government is allegedly trying to buy them all. But as the manufacturers will keep making and selling ammo to civilians and there is already plenty of ammo in the hands of civilians the conspiracy theory doesn't hold up. PS Stop watching x files.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2810 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 1638

There is ammo to be had. If all you have or go to is WM, then you're S.O.L. right now.

I just bought 1000rds. 9mm & 2000 rds. .22lr at reasonavle prices, within the last 2 1/2 wks. Don't be lazy, call ahead if you have to, but let's cut out all of the histrionics & conspiracy theory crap. Ammo is tight but it is the LAW of supply and demand that is at work here.

ie.: I deal in fresh, local produce in the summer. Every 4th of July & Labor Day the price of sweet corn & tomatoes triples and supply is always tight. There is no conspiracy to "jack-up" the price by limiting supply, it's just that demand is at it's annual high.

You'll get your ammo, but right now your going to pay a premium & just like July 4th & Labor Day some people get shut out!

And as per the O.P., yes people take advantage of this type of situation!

Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
There is ammo to be had. If all you have or go to is WM, then you're S.O.L. right now.

I just bought 1000rds. 9mm & 2000 rds. .22lr at reasonavle prices, within the last 2 1/2 wks. Don't be lazy, call ahead if you have to, but let's cut out all of the histrionics & conspiracy theory crap. Ammo is tight but it is the LAW of supply and demand that is at work here.

ie.: I deal in fresh, local produce in the summer. Every 4th of July & Labor Day the price of sweet corn & tomatoes triples and supply is always tight. There is no conspiracy to "jack-up" the price by limiting supply, it's just that demand is at it's annual high.

You'll get your ammo, but right now your going to pay a premium & just like July 4th & Labor Day some people get shut out!

And as per the O.P., yes people take advantage of this type of situation!
I'm curious to know which stores you're called ahead. Are these little mom and pop shops or big retail stores? None of the stores around me that sell ammo have been overly helpful. I usually get something along the lines of "we get trucks or shipments in on such and such day and they may or may not include ammo".

Last night I called Walmart and had a an employee tell me they had 9mm in stock (even though he refused to double check). So I drove over in the middle of the night to find out that not only did they NOT have any 9mm in stock, but they hadn't seen any in days