Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Are paper cased shot gun shells worth anything? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/paper-cased-shot-gun-shells-worth-anything-34012/)

fastline 11-05-2010 08:43 PM

Are paper cased shot gun shells worth anything?

I have a few boxes of various paper type shot gun shells. Just curious if there are certain ones that are worth keeping around? I would say they are in good cond, but not excellent. They are all 12ga that I know of.

willshoum 11-05-2010 09:04 PM

Paper Shell Shot Shells

If they are in the Original Box and no noticable defects, Collectors would be interested. As For Dollar value its up to the Collector......Good Luck!!!!:)

havasu 11-05-2010 09:49 PM

Those are no good for reloading purposes. Are they low or high base?

fastline 11-05-2010 10:47 PM

I surely was not thinking of these for reloading. More like collectors items. Maybe not. I am just not sure. I was going to get rid of them and then decided to hold off getting rid of anything. Seems that has been the trend lately with our "Obamanation" taking over and such...:D

havasu 11-05-2010 10:52 PM

I still have a few paper shelled deer slugs, which are now about 50 years old. I don't think I will try shooting them for fear it might cause my barrel to split in half.

JonM 11-06-2010 04:41 AM

collectors look for such things in pristine condition. if you go that route try and make a perfect box if you have that many. loose rounds or so-so rounds even rare ones dont go for much. lots of collectors frequent gunshows. know the going range of price before you sell to anyone.

50of4064 11-12-2010 03:17 AM

Show us what you have

I am wondering, are these shells that you bought a while ago or did you come along them recently. Do you know how they were stored? Do you know the date, and name of manufacture? photos please.

Havasu: Why are they no good for reloading?
Why can't you reload papers, we reload them all the time and some are more then ten years old when we got them used. Just as with any hull, you should inspect and determine suitability and safety.

Really?

havasu 11-12-2010 05:15 AM

I suppose you could, but I personally won't take the chance, due to distortion. I reload Winchester AA's over and over, and they never seem to distort.

tonydewar 11-16-2010 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havasu (Post 384902)
I suppose you could, but I personally won't take the chance, due to distortion. I reload Winchester AA's over and over, and they never seem to distort.

i get 4 to 6 reloads out of a AA .how old and what brand are these?

50of4064 11-16-2010 05:59 AM

Federal, high wall. we average 4-6 reloads, some more then others. the Papers hulls are anywhere from 10 to 12 yrs old by now. Always keep a few box's on hand and load up what we need for hunting season, shoot the older stuff and rotate out the inventory.