Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > One last reloading question. (I hope)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #31
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
But beware! Handloading is highly addictive!!
Reloading and shooting have become more detrimental to my well being (time and bank account) than my misspent youth chasing the "bigger, better eternal buzz".

Whats worse was getting my wife and kids into the shooting...now i spend MORE time in the reloading room to feed THEIR addictions!

Sheesh, there should be a law!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #32

Liked 292 Times on 221 Posts

Man I have no idea what y'all are talking about lol.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4721 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3743

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Whats worse was getting my wife and kids into the shooting...now i spend MORE time in the reloading room to feed THEIR addictions!
I'll bet lotsa folks here would love to have your "problem."

Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4721 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3743

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Man I have no idea what y'all are talking about lol.
You will. Takes a little time.

But sooner or later you'll find yourself going to the range on a day when you don't really want to, just to empty some cases so you can reload them.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 762 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 987

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Reloading and shooting have become more detrimental to my well being (time and bank account) than my misspent youth chasing the "bigger, better eternal buzz".

Sheesh, there should be a law!
Same here, and I wouldnt change it for anything.

However, I got them in there with me cranking rounds We are all shooters (8) Myself, not so much comp anymore. But wife and kids are with the exception of my 8 year old we are still in 22 rifle and pistol stages shooting.

My twin 15YO girls shoot .40sw in comp. One's left handed the other is right handed.They are both fun to watch when they shoot .

Become steel or get cut.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #36
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
Same here, and I wouldnt change it for anything.

However, I got them in there with me cranking rounds We are all shooters (8) Myself, not so much comp anymore. But wife and kids are with the exception of my 8 year old we are still in 22 rifle and pistol stages shooting.

My twin 15YO girls shoot .40sw in comp. One's left handed the other is right handed.They are both fun to watch when they shoot .
OH, i was just being facetious. I worked HARD, for a long time, to get the wife into shooting. Shes a former anti gunner. I take great pride in watching them shoot and develop. Too bad i cant get the daughter or eldest boy child to go anymore...but alas, being 18 and 22 respectively, they have "more important" things to do than hang out with dad.

We looked around here for a comp for the youngest to join...but alas there is nothing close/affordable enough that we could get him to on a consistent basis.

My former anti gunner blasting up my hard work...notice the holes high and right of the bull, thats her work as well. Working with her on "hold off".
http://youtu.be/4eO6VDGLbPI

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #37

My wife was asking how long it takes to reload. I said depends on how much I have to load. She said grate so that's even less attention I git. I said we'll that's why you are going to do it with me. Lol.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

You will. Takes a little time.

But sooner or later you'll find yourself going to the range on a day when you don't really want to, just to empty some cases so you can reload them.
Lol. Yea I could see that happening. It's amazing how easily entertained we are. My mom and dad use to load there own cig's. I would do it for them for hrs. Then the lts (local tobacco shop) got a machine that did it. I use to open the back and watch it work.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #39

It was Important for me to learn each step on the single stage, but after I felt comfortable with each stage them I moved up with a dillon550 b. don't worry about people bashing lee. It was the cheapest and best decision that I made.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #40

Liked 1416 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 989

I have dies made by just about everyone. Lee is not as good as some of the others. But the others are not twice or three times as good like the price difference would suggest. I have an old set of RCBS dies that were rusted up terrible. But I bought them that way at a yard sale. A little wd-40 and a wire brush can do wonders. I have three different presses. The Rock Chucker is a great single stage press. I have made tens of thousands of rounds on mine. You really cant go wrong with one. RCBS balance beam scale is expensive...and worth every penny! RCBS powder measure is expensive...and worth every penny. I use the scale to set the measure. With the properly adjusted scale I can charge 100 rounds in about 2 minutes. My measure has never changed in the middle of a run like some other people claim with other brands.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.