Once Ammo Is Available Again, Will You Stock Up Better In The Future? - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Once Ammo Is Available Again, Will You Stock Up Better In The Future?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #81
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna
Awesum!

And Bruford?
I was going to Say,..how can you leave out BILL BRUFORD!(and Pat Masteletto for that matter! Yes I'm a CRimFan as well as YES

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 06-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #82

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
so, the water....um.....

cold and shocking, or warm and pleasing?
OK, I went to a web site to see how that thing is used and now the authorities want to talk to me!!!

Old 06-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy

so, the water....um.....

cold and shocking, or warm and pleasing?
Japan has things very similar... I used one once. It was warm and pleasing, believe it or not. Who DOESN'T like having their booty washed?

Old 06-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #84

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
Drum, I agree completely as long as the stocking up doesn't include buying out a stores whole supply of ammo every time they have it in.

I wasn't able to do the following because I didn't think of it and didn't have the foresight when I started shooting, but: when this thing ends, I'm going to start buying all my reloading components in bulk, every time I can find a good deal. I reload for almost every caliber I shoot, and plan to continue that in the future if possible, so buying an extra box or two of ammo from Walmart when I see it isn't necessarily needed for me. The reloading components is crucial, though.

I've already started on a small scale. I was able to buy 2 lbs of Bullseye (limit one lb per customer) recently. I know one lb would be enough to get me thru the end of the year, but I decided to buy two because they had plenty on the shelf (I bought one lb, my wife bought another), and I want to start stocking up on supplies.

Is this enough? Obviously not. But it's a modest start, especially when it's hard to find anything at all. I will continue doing this, in smallish quantities.

While I whole heartedly believe in capitalism and the free market, I also believe in helping out my fellow shooters when I can, so I won't ever completely drain a store's inventory (unless its the very last of what's need and it's a good deal - someone left that box for me, in a manner of thinking). I will leave a bit for someone else if its feasible.
I've found most the big bulk buyers are reselling. That's another animal to me. I usually only get a box or so when I see it out. and build slowly. The resellers are no better and maybe even worse than the companies gouging customers. Many of the resellers are self professed gun people. I think doing anything that hurts gun people means you really are not a gun person. We should support each other as best we can. Not try to stick it to each other at any opportunity. I did sell some ammo during the crazy but only for what I paid forit and maybe a dollar or two for gas if I had to take it to them. But that was just for friends.
The crazy is starting to subside a little and I hope the gougers get stuck with tons and have to sell at a loss. I know I'll be looking for a few of those 2K AR rifles to sell around 700 pretty soon.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #85

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I was going to Say,..how can you leave out BILL BRUFORD!(and Pat Masteletto for that matter! Yes I'm a CRimFan as well as YES
Bill Bruford is pretty cool
I listen to everything form Gene Krupa & Buddy Rich to the stuff being played today. Ever hear Johnny Carson play drums? Buddy Rich got him into playing nad he actually was pretty good. I know it blew my mind when I first heard it.

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 06-26-2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: name fix

Old 06-20-2013, 02:31 AM   #86
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Cool??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Bill Bruford is pretty cool
I listen to everything form Gene Krupa & Buddy Rich to the stuff being played today. Ever hear Johnny Arson play drums? Buddy Rich got him into playing nad he actually was pretty good. I know it blew my mind when I first heard it.
Cool?? HE's DA MAN!!!! One of the most interesting Professional Musicians I ever Met.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 AM   #87
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 215 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I always had a few boxes of each caliber i owned on hand. Now I will always keep 400-500 round of each caliber in stock.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 06-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #88

Liked 1333 Times on 893 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Uhhh, for me, the future may be here. My buddy called all excited this afternoon. "How about 5.56 at 28 CENTS a round?", he says. WHAT? Catch; remanufactured ammo. I will be going there tomorrow to confirm and check out, but apparently, this guy has a new gun shop, and is NRA certified, or something.
Now, ordinarily, I would not consider reman ammo, but times dictate I think about this. Are there any guidelines/licenses, etc. for people making this stuff? Anything I should look for? He also buys back brass, or takes your brass and loads for a discount. I'm glad I saved a huge pile of brass a couple years ago....

Also available are 9mm & 40 SW. Not sure about the pricing on those.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:08 AM   #89

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
Uhhh, for me, the future may be here. My buddy called all excited this afternoon. "How about 5.56 at 28 CENTS a round?", he says. WHAT? Catch; remanufactured ammo. I will be going there tomorrow to confirm and check out, but apparently, this guy has a new gun shop, and is NRA certified, or something.
Now, ordinarily, I would not consider reman ammo, but times dictate I think about this. Are there any guidelines/licenses, etc. for people making this stuff? Anything I should look for? He also buys back brass, or takes your brass and loads for a discount. I'm glad I saved a huge pile of brass a couple years ago....

Also available are 9mm & 40 SW. Not sure about the pricing on those.
Frankly i am jealous i cant find anyone by me who will do that! I have never had trouble with re-man ammo however. If its bugs you, before you buy check out the brass and the seat of the round for quality. If you want to go further look up how much powder should be loaded into them by a new manufacturer and ask him what he puts in his to compare for safety. Otherwise id be on it!

Old 06-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #90

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2022 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 6040

I try to buy it all before the hoarders do.
People Like This