Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Once Ammo Is Available Again, Will You Stock Up Better In The Future?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #71
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6128 Times on 3714 Posts
Likes Given: 6950

I want to shoot the heck out of my .22's but I don't have the ammo.

Yes, I will stock ammo better when it becomes available. I am financially more able to do it now.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 06-18-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #72

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Learn to reload and cast your own bullets. Very effective center fire ammunition is more versatile and valuable then .22 rim fire. Rim fire arms are useless without a commercial source of cartridges.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #73

Liked 2040 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
I don't do this with just ammo, I live my whole life that way.

Yep, I own a lifetime supply of toilet paper, for my whole family.

Want to see a lifetime supply of toilet paper?

so, the water....um.....

cold and shocking, or warm and pleasing?
Old 06-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6721 Times on 3665 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

Why is that drinking fountain so low to the floor?
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #75

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Is that a watering tank for a Shetland pony?

Old 06-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #76

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

If people don't learn form the last few shortages then they can live with that choice. This last go around I have not bought any ammo that wasn't at prey nutty prices. And I wont. But, being the ant I am I will buy a box or so every time I see some I'll use and buy components to make more and when the next crazy happens...and it will and the grasshoppers are crying about availability and prices I'll again say that's what you get for being a grasshopper.

I shot whenever the mood strikes me and will shoot as much as I want. I see no reason to not do this and use the forethought to make sure I can continue to do so. I and everyone like me has done nothing to effect prices this or any other shortage. As we don't buy the inflated price ammo. That logic just does not hold up. Who does effect prices? The grasshoppers that run out when the supply of low and look to buy then. You are the one creating the demand...You are effecting the price.

It does not take a ton of money to buy say...A box of ammo more than you will use. Ar say you're at a store getting something and pick up a box or so and just put it up.

I guess I"m a a reloading component hoarder too. I have between 5000-10000 pieces of brass for most calibers I shoot. Still need to get mroe 44 mag and 38/357 brass. A few trips to a public range and I"ll have that up too. I just profit off the laziness of those that leave it lay. HEH! I'll never have to buy 9mm, 40, 45ACP brass again. I have bins that are a few years old that I have put back form range pick ups. Powder and primers I get in bulk when I see a deal and into the stash they go.

People put money away for hard rimes, retirement etc. But to put back ammo is bad and I should not do it. That lack of logic amazes me. People would do well to take a page from country folk. You buy extra and can what you grow. Never know what tomorrow brings. I like to eat and I love to shoot. So I'll be making sure I can do both when I want to.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 06-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

+1 to DrumJunkie, and Bozio is better than Peart!

Old 06-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #78

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
+1 to DrumJunkie, and Bozio is better than Peart!
I am not really a Rush fan so I'll give ya that one Bo. I'm more a Bonham, Moon, and Bill WArd fan. I was very sad to learnb Mr Ward did not do the new Black Sabbath CD. It's not too bad though.Brant Bjork from Kyuss is one of the few not so old guys that I really get into.
I liked Bozio with Missing Persons more than Zappa though I am more a Zappa fan than the 80's stuff...I know..That sounds odd to me too. But the man can flat get it done that's a fact. Though the kit is a little...Too big at times.

Carl Palmer is another I really like. Loved the solid copper shell kit he used back when.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Awesum!

And Bruford?

Old 06-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3637 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1221

Drum, I agree completely as long as the stocking up doesn't include buying out a stores whole supply of ammo every time they have it in.

I wasn't able to do the following because I didn't think of it and didn't have the foresight when I started shooting, but: when this thing ends, I'm going to start buying all my reloading components in bulk, every time I can find a good deal. I reload for almost every caliber I shoot, and plan to continue that in the future if possible, so buying an extra box or two of ammo from Walmart when I see it isn't necessarily needed for me. The reloading components is crucial, though.

I've already started on a small scale. I was able to buy 2 lbs of Bullseye (limit one lb per customer) recently. I know one lb would be enough to get me thru the end of the year, but I decided to buy two because they had plenty on the shelf (I bought one lb, my wife bought another), and I want to start stocking up on supplies.

Is this enough? Obviously not. But it's a modest start, especially when it's hard to find anything at all. I will continue doing this, in smallish quantities.

While I whole heartedly believe in capitalism and the free market, I also believe in helping out my fellow shooters when I can, so I won't ever completely drain a store's inventory (unless its the very last of what's need and it's a good deal - someone left that box for me, in a manner of thinking). I will leave a bit for someone else if its feasible.

Always have clean socks.