Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > ok so I'm pissed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default ok so I'm pissed.

Got some Tula ammo 45acp from a local gun show Saturday. Guy selling it said there was NO STEEL in the bullet itself, only the case. Get to the range today and guess what. . . The magnet pulled them right outta the tray. So I'm out 30 dollars and have 100 rds of ammo I can't shoot!!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #2

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger79 View Post
Got some Tula ammo 45acp from a local gun show Saturday. Guy selling it said there was NO STEEL in the bullet itself, only the case. Get to the range today and guess what. . . The magnet pulled them right outta the tray. So I'm out 30 dollars and have 100 rds of ammo I can't shoot!!!!
You don't carry a magnet with you to a ammo sale/gun show? (Based on the fact that your range says no-steel!)

You only shoot at that range? You sure the range grunt was talking about the bullets?

We have a couple of ranges down here that prohibit any steel, bullet or case because they can't sell the brass if it has that commie junk mixed in.

FWIW, I always carry a 20 rd box of factory loaded all brass/lead ammo so when/if asked for a sample to run the magnet over it I say sure, here.

See, old people are good for some things.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The force is strong with you wise one. A magnet will now be carried to every show I attend. Yea, the range grunt said that the steel casing is fine but this Tula stuff is a "bi metal" jacket. Copper, over steel, over lead. Said that they don't want any ricochets or damage to the back stop. The only pistol ranges we have are indoor. We have a very nice outdoor rifle/shotgun range that USED to have a pistol section. Alas some stupid bastards decided it would be funny to shoot the roof, benches and tear up the backstop of the pistol section. Sadly that part was closed off.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:15 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2261 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

You can tell the range moron that "bi-metal" is not steel. It is Cupro-nickel. The nickel is slightly magnetic (enough to hold up the round). I like Cane's idea though.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think I would prefer to follow the rules my one and only local range sets, it's much better than trying to circumvent them and being asked to not come back. I don't have much to choose from in the way of ranges around here, but the one that is close is run by a great couple, friendly, helpful and they don't charge for targets.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
FWIW, I always carry a 20 rd box of factory loaded all brass/lead ammo so when/if asked for a sample to run the magnet over it I say sure, here.

See, old people are good for some things.
+200 here - Never show them your cards.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

I have a much simpler solution. Vacation here in Colorado. It is legal here to shoot on any public ground with any ammo. Our little range doesnt allow tracers for fear of forest fires, other than that anything goes. Just store that ammo for SHTF day and buy more for shooting in those " civilized " places.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think that's what I'm going to do. Store it for a SHTF situation.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #9

I'm closer, come on down the the "dirt pile". It does not care what you shoot. Hold on I gotta empty soda can talking smack...I'll be right back

Old 03-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilquiz View Post
I'm closer, come on down the the "dirt pile". It does not care what you shoot. Hold on I gotta empty soda can talking smack...I'll be right back
dang soda cans

let no talents go unused