Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   ok so I'm pissed. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/ok-so-im-pissed-39401/)

mudslinger79 03-06-2011 11:47 PM

ok so I'm pissed.

Got some Tula ammo 45acp from a local gun show Saturday. Guy selling it said there was NO STEEL in the bullet itself, only the case. Get to the range today and guess what. . . The magnet pulled them right outta the tray. So I'm out 30 dollars and have 100 rds of ammo I can't shoot!!!!:mad:

canebrake 03-07-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudslinger79 (Post 458910)
Got some Tula ammo 45acp from a local gun show Saturday. Guy selling it said there was NO STEEL in the bullet itself, only the case. Get to the range today and guess what. . . The magnet pulled them right outta the tray. So I'm out 30 dollars and have 100 rds of ammo I can't shoot!!!!:mad:

You don't carry a magnet with you to a ammo sale/gun show? (Based on the fact that your range says no-steel!)

You only shoot at that range? You sure the range grunt was talking about the bullets?

We have a couple of ranges down here that prohibit any steel, bullet or case because they can't sell the brass if it has that commie junk mixed in.

FWIW, I always carry a 20 rd box of factory loaded all brass/lead ammo so when/if asked for a sample to run the magnet over it I say sure, here.

See, old people are good for some things. ;)

mudslinger79 03-07-2011 12:16 AM

The force is strong with you wise one. A magnet will now be carried to every show I attend. Yea, the range grunt said that the steel casing is fine but this Tula stuff is a "bi metal" jacket. Copper, over steel, over lead. Said that they don't want any ricochets or damage to the back stop. The only pistol ranges we have are indoor. We have a very nice outdoor rifle/shotgun range that USED to have a pistol section. Alas some stupid bastards decided it would be funny to shoot the roof, benches and tear up the backstop of the pistol section. Sadly that part was closed off.:mad:

robocop10mm 03-07-2011 03:15 AM

You can tell the range moron that "bi-metal" is not steel. It is Cupro-nickel. The nickel is slightly magnetic (enough to hold up the round). I like Cane's idea though.

Eric0424 03-07-2011 04:24 AM

I think I would prefer to follow the rules my one and only local range sets, it's much better than trying to circumvent them and being asked to not come back. I don't have much to choose from in the way of ranges around here, but the one that is close is run by a great couple, friendly, helpful and they don't charge for targets.

anm2_man 03-07-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 458921)
FWIW, I always carry a 20 rd box of factory loaded all brass/lead ammo so when/if asked for a sample to run the magnet over it I say sure, here.

See, old people are good for some things. ;)

+200 here - Never show them your cards.

30-30remchester 03-08-2011 12:39 AM

I have a much simpler solution. Vacation here in Colorado. It is legal here to shoot on any public ground with any ammo. Our little range doesnt allow tracers for fear of forest fires, other than that anything goes. Just store that ammo for SHTF day and buy more for shooting in those " civilized " places.

mudslinger79 03-08-2011 01:11 AM

I think that's what I'm going to do. Store it for a SHTF situation.

lilquiz 03-08-2011 09:52 AM

I'm closer, come on down the the "dirt pile". It does not care what you shoot. Hold on I gotta empty soda can talking smack...I'll be right back;)

joshfireart 03-08-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilquiz (Post 460004)
I'm closer, come on down the the "dirt pile". It does not care what you shoot. Hold on I gotta empty soda can talking smack...I'll be right back;)

dang soda cans