Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Nosler Partition (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/nosler-partition-55749/)

theropinfool 01-18-2012 04:33 PM

Nosler Partition

I can't get these damn things to shoot, 180 gr in my 300 win mag, or the 165 gr in my 30-06. Anyone else have this problem? The 120 gr are awesome in my 25-06, but it's a freak and everything shoots good through it. In the 300 I can shoot 200 gr Sierra gamekings sub-moa and the 06 will shoot hornady 165 btsp all day. I'd always like noslers till now... Anyone else have these problems? I try to start at .050 off the lands usually, and I've moved it around about .030 either way, do they shoot better with a longer jump? Shorter jump? What do you all think? Is my 25 a bigger freak than I thought? Or or partitions just not that accurate?

sksmerc 01-18-2012 04:42 PM

I live by where they make those never had a problem then again don't use them that much. And every hunter in the area seems to love the because they are based here. I would say if you are having problems switch brands. Doesn't seem worth having that doubt of not knowing if she will go when you squeeze your trigger

joshfireart 01-18-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sksmerc
I live by where they make those never had a problem then again don't use them that much. And every hunter in the area seems to love the because they are based here. I would say if you are having problems switch brands. Doesn't seem worth having that doubt of not knowing if she will go when you squeeze your trigger

I like the way you think

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

theropinfool 01-18-2012 10:28 PM

Did you people even read my post? I have bullets that work. Im trying to see if anyone else has the same problem or if there is something I don't know. What kinda dumbass shoots something your not sure of? Read the original post.

cliffspot 01-18-2012 11:49 PM

I have a Browning A Bolt in 30-06 and it shoots every 150gr bullet I tried at MOA or less! All except the Nosler Ballistic Tips! It could just be your guns don't like them! They can be picky things at times.....like women! Try a different powder...IMR 4350 has given me the best results in my gun.....with 150's. Maybe try changing the amount of crimp.

Txhillbilly 01-19-2012 12:52 AM

All of my rifles in 25/06-308-30/06 and 300WM love to shoot the Nosler Combined Technology Ballistic Silvertip bullets,but I have never had much luck with any Nosler BT bullet.It must be the copper jacket on that particular style of bullet or something,I just don't waste time on them anymore.

Original 01-19-2012 01:25 AM

Hi Ropin, have you tried calling nosler to ask what they recommend ? I happen to be a fan of Nosler bullets and the partition in particular as I hunted Alaska and lived there for near a decade, everything I ever shot with a partition fell over dead in its tracks, even Dahl sheep at 700yds with my .25/06...

If you don't find the Noslers accurate enough for you, try or use what is working the best for you and the game you are hunting, the Ol confidence makes a huge difference for most folks.

theropinfool 01-19-2012 01:38 AM

I started this thread because I really like Nosler bullets. My dad has killed more elk with his old "7 em em" and a 140 gr partition than most guys have killed elk. 1 shot, they drop. Anywhere from 30 to 800 yards. I think that's why I keep trying them, even though I can't seem to get them to shoot. I've tried reloader 22, reloader 25, retumbo, IMR 7828, and IMR 4350. Maybe I'll give the good folks at Nosler a call.

jimmyp7162 01-19-2012 01:43 AM

When you say you can't get em to shoot...what kind of accuracy are you getting?

Original 01-19-2012 01:45 AM

Best of luck to you Ropin, let us know if they get you the answers you need.