No powder any where! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > No powder any where!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

I haven't heard of any compition shooting out my way, but I'm going to check that out. As far as not selling bullets unless you buy a gun or shoot it at your range, well thats just good business sense right now. Its hard to sell a gun with no ammo for it. I just hope things turn around soon.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor
I think this limit should only be during times like this. Who agrees
I agree but only if it's the individual stores mandating it.

I was lucky enough to buy 2lbs of Bullseye a week ago at a LGS about an hour and a half from my house. Since the crisis started, we have been shooting less. We don't like it, but what else can we do? This powder should last us through the end of the year, at least. Plus, I have a little bit of Silhouette left, if I really need it.

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

If I owned a store, selling goods of any kind, and someone came in and bought it all, I'd go home early for the day and save on overhead costs. Can't blame it on capitalism. Get out of bed earlier

Old 06-17-2013, 05:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
If I owned a store, selling goods of any kind, and someone came in and bought it all, I'd go home early for the day and save on overhead costs. Can't blame it on capitalism. Get out of bed earlier
I agree if they bought everything, yea close down early and go home. But just image owning a silverware store and someone came in and just bought all the forks in the place. It would be harder to make more sales with out the forks.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #15

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

If I sold all my forks I would offer soup at competitive prices. That would provide a spoon market. Refusing to sell only limited amounts of any thing is a poor business practice. Anyone can circumvent that rule.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #16

Liked 795 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna
The iPhone doesn't have a "like" option so take this as that.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 06-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor View Post
I was lucky enough this year to find powder for reloading, two cans of it. One was pistol power and the other was Hodgden H4350. Today the boys decided it was a good day to shoot up all my reloads for a Fathers day outing. We had a blast. Now I'm desparately needing powder. We have a 2nd Admendment that just opened up and this guy came in over a weeks time and pretty much bought most of the powder, leaving just the black powder. Then this guy came in and bought all the black powder for his cannon. I think there needs to be a limit on how much you can buy at one time. I'm sure the guy who bought up all the powder probably sold it some where else for a higher price. I think this limit should only be during times like this. Who agrees
up to the store owner.

but most municipalities DO have limits on how much blackpowder you can have in your home. mainly due to the severe hazard of explosions with blackpowder. where i live its 5 pounds. anymore than that and it requires special permiting and storage hoops you gotta jump through for safety of your neighbors.

5 pounds is enough to take out a good chunk of your home and you with it. more than that and it starts to endanger your neighbors...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-18-2013, 04:53 AM   #18

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Black powder in cans is not that dangerous. The cans are made with bottoms that melt at low temps. I have never known of a properly stored supply of BP blowing up anything. Black powder must be under compression to blow up "Houses". The 5 gallons of lawn mower fuel in you garage is far more likely to explode.
City ordinances are based on fear mongering by politicians. These are just more gun control rooted laws. We are allowed to keep 50 lbs. without a safe. UPS trucks roll down your streets everyday with cases of Black.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #19

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I vote no. If store owners take it upon themselves to institute a limit, that's their call. They likely won't get my business anymore though.

People buying up all the stock and reselling it at an inflated price to make a quick buck off of other's desires and emotional state (panic), piss me off as much, or more, than most people.

But a mandatory limit spits in the face of freedom.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #20

I'm not talking government setting the limits I'm talking store owners. And only when hard times like these. Yea people can work around it and they do all the time. When someone comes in over a weeks time and buys 2000lbs of powder, you know he is reselling it online at a much higher price. I don't know it just pisses me off