Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   No powder any where! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/no-powder-any-where-92406/)

Crazycastor 06-16-2013 10:39 PM

No powder any where!

I was lucky enough this year to find powder for reloading, two cans of it. One was pistol power and the other was Hodgden H4350. Today the boys decided it was a good day to shoot up all my reloads for a Fathers day outing. We had a blast. Now I'm desparately needing powder. We have a 2nd Admendment that just opened up and this guy came in over a weeks time and pretty much bought most of the powder, leaving just the black powder. Then this guy came in and bought all the black powder for his cannon. I think there needs to be a limit on how much you can buy at one time. I'm sure the guy who bought up all the powder probably sold it some where else for a higher price. I think this limit should only be during times like this. Who agrees

mseric 06-16-2013 10:48 PM

Limits should be up to the individual store owners/managers. If they want to set limits, OK. If not, that's OK too.

at_liberty 06-17-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazycastor (Post 1278255)
I was lucky enough this year to find powder for reloading, two cans of it. One was pistol power and the other was Hodgden H4350. Today the boys decided it was a good day to shoot up all my reloads for a Fathers day outing. We had a blast. Now I'm desparately needing powder. We have a 2nd Admendment that just opened up and this guy came in over a weeks time and pretty much bought most of the powder, leaving just the black powder. Then this guy came in and bought all the black powder for his cannon. I think there needs to be a limit on how much you can buy at one time. I'm sure the guy who bought up all the powder probably sold it some where else for a higher price. I think this limit should only be during times like this. Who agrees

We cannot count on buying powder one pound at a time and locally.

tri70 06-17-2013 12:27 AM

I have see some web sites stalking ammo but reloading components are not easy to find. What caliber are you loading?

SurfGuitar 06-17-2013 12:32 AM

We're all in the same boat on all reloading components.....

I have a limited supply of Large pistol primers, and Large Pistol Magnum primers, about 600 small rifle primers, and no small pistol primers....

I'm down to my last pound of Bullseye, and Unique, and 2 small cans of old Du Ponte rifle power that are just about empty. The only thing I'm phat on is a 5 pound can of Hi Skor 700-X....

My supply of 158Gr. .38/.357 Magnum heads is dwindling, I have about 50 146Gr. 9mm Hornady HAP heads left, no .223 heads, and less than 700 heads for .44 Magnum....

The only thing I can put together are light .44 Magnum loads since I have no 2400 or Herco left.....

The closest place that "might" have any powder is Cabela's, and they're a 3 hour drive from here, not one local shop has anything at all to sell......

Crazycastor 06-17-2013 12:45 AM

I'm loading .40 Smith & Wesson, 30-06 and .223. Trying to get set up for 8mm Mauser. I was lucky when I first started out reloading in February, I could find everything at the mom and pop shops if I drove around looking but that supply is now gone. I don't think any of them has gotten a load of powder since last November.

robocop10mm 06-17-2013 01:14 AM

I snagged a good order of powder (19 lbs) in October. Alliant has been all but non-existant of late. Their customer service reports they are working 24/7, but cannot keep up.

I just grabbed up 2 lbs of Blue Dot at a shop in Houston. Props to 10 Ring for NOT price gouging ($23/lb). They even had small pistol primers!

With Blue Dot actually on the shelves w/in 150 miles of my house, there is the slightest crack in the log jamb

aandabooks 06-17-2013 01:50 AM

I just started reloading in December and have not had the opportunity to be picky on powders as of yet. I have had a good source for primers and powder. I am well stocked (20,000+ primers and 30lbs of powder) but I haven't been able to try every load in the books due to not being able to get certain powders.

CourtJester 06-17-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazycastor

Find a big state competition shoot of about any kind in your area. They'll have dealers from all over selling about everything and anything.

readygirl 06-17-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazycastor (Post 1278255)

The shop i work at has stopped selling ammo .....We sell only if you buy a gun(ammo for that gun, 2bx) or people using the range. It is worse now, than it has been.....We get 100ph calls a day asking if we have this or that caliber. And we have been out of PYRODEX, and BP for months. We still have a good supply of 9mm/45acp/.40/45lc/44mag/357mag. But saving it back for our range