Nickel plated cases - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

Nickel plated cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default nickle

I have not had any problms with .357 nickle cases in my dillon reloader, using carbide dies. I did have a very bad experience iwth brass cases in my S&W 686. I had cleaned the gun, reloaded it and put it back in the safe. A week later when I got it out I went to jack out the cartridges to make sure they were self defense loads and they wouldn't budge! I had to get a wooden mallet and rap on the extractor rod to break them loose. Evidently I did not get the chambers dry enough and the solvent created a load of vertigris in only 5 days. No damage to the cylinder luckily. I will Never leave it loaded with brass cases again.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I like to use nickle plated brass in my S&W mod.52 this is a strictly bullseye gun and the light loads that I use seem to feed just a bit slicker.
TGR

Mark Twain

Old 06-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #13

I have reloaded both and have not seen a lot of difference in the two. They do clean faster in the tumbler and IMHO they are easier to inspect for defects.

They also seem harder on my dies but can not see any real difference.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The only ones I have reloaded were some for a fast draw rig. Mostly for the showie-ness of the rounds in the gun belt. Nickel rounds looked very nice in a black rig. I had 50 rounds of nickel.
Shot-wise, I just stuck with brass mostly.
Though, I can't recall any problems or irregularities with reloading them. But then, I have carbide pistol dies for that.
Carbide just made more sense when getting the dies.