Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > New Sellier & Bellot Ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Default New Sellier & Bellot Ammo

I just got back from Cabela's and bought several hundred rounds of Sellier & Bellot .45 ACP ammo. It's the 230 grain FMJ stuff. I opened the box when I got home, and found that they no longer are using that heavy red primer sealant. The rear of the brass cases are clean and shiny. In the past they were going crazy with that stuff on a lot of their pistol ammo. They practically painted the entire rear of the case with it.

After firing several hundred rounds the face of the slide was red from a lot of it transferring off. On some of my 1911's and Glocks it was so heavy I gave up and used Acetone Nail Polish Remover to get it off. This stuff is excellent ammo for the price, and I'm glad they got away from using that stuff. I'll have to pick up some of their 9 MM the next time I go. I'm hoping they quit using it on all of their pistol ammo. Too messy.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5478 Times on 3102 Posts
Likes Given: 4756

S&B is their premium ammo (Czeck Republic, IIRC) I've used a ton of it. the red lacquer sealant was required by their military back in Soviet days.

They are probably using a very tiny dab of clear sealant now, the way our American premium ammo makers do.

Golda Meier.