Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   New Scale (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/new-scale-86370/)

aandabooks 03-12-2013 12:49 PM

New Scale

After already wearing out one of the lower end Hornady digital scales and not being super happy with the Lee scale that came as part of the kit, I broke down and bought a RCBS 10-10 scale yesterday. In talking to my LGS/reloading guru it is the scale that he uses and trusts. His os old enough to be an Ouhouse (sp?).

It was a considerable intvestment into my reloading bench but it should be the last scale that I ever buy. Scale is super accurate and easy to adjust. I'll keep the Lee as a backup. The Lee is a good simple scale but nowhere near the quality of this RCBS.

RUG3R44 03-12-2013 01:00 PM

Thr RCBS 10-10 scale is excellent. They don't come any better, IMHO.

locutus 03-14-2013 11:56 PM

They don't get any better than RCBS/ Ohaus.

Just make sure you have scale check weights to calibrate the zero.

aandabooks 03-15-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1176365)

It doesn't use check weights to get to zero. Dial the scale into zero and adjust he leveling screw until everything lines up. I might get a set so I can check the accuracy of the scale at different weights.

BILLYBOB44 03-15-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1176365)

Just save back a Sierra 50gr. bullet--They are right on the weight..Bill.;)

locutus 03-16-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks (Post 1176406)
It doesn't use check weights to get to zero. Dial the scale into zero and adjust he leveling screw until everything lines up. I might get a set so I can check the accuracy of the scale at different weights.

Guess I'm paranoid about scales!:D Even the very best ones.

I use the check weights to zero the scale as close to the powder charge weight as I can get. Prolly not necessary, but it gives me the warm fuzzies!:p

Brue182 03-18-2013 09:40 PM

Anyone used Dillion's electronic scale? I broke down and ordered one because my OCD tendencies make me want consistency (exact same finishes on all plumbing and light fixtures in my home). It has to be decent because it does have Dillion's name on it just looking for input.

dustinoif3 03-19-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brue182
Anyone used Dillion's electronic scale? I broke down and ordered one because my OCD tendencies make me want consistency (exact same finishes on all plumbing and light fixtures in my home). It has to be decent because it does have Dillion's name on it just looking for input.

I have one and its spot on. Love it and its a typical dillon piece of equipment so its awesome

jwjessup 03-19-2013 12:08 PM

Only if the army would pay soldiers more I would definitely buy a RCBS 10-10 scale they seem to be a incredible piece of machinery.

Jacob22 01-23-2014 06:16 AM

I am using a digital one that i bought last month I think it is enough for me to measure anything. Because it have a lot of features with affordable price. And you can get accurate result with digital scale as compare to other scales.