New Reloading Program - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > New Reloading Program

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 03:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i havent come across a ballistic proggy or ballistic chart accurate enough to replace trial and error by physically going out shooting and measuring bullet drop at known ranges.
You are correct. There are just way too many varibables that will affect the ballistic performance of any projectile.

The charts/programs are useful for giving one an idea of the what the performance will be like and approximate the bullet drop and such. If empirical evidence diverges significantly from the ideal, then you know something is amiss and can take steps to correct.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwefel View Post
The hardest part would be the actuator for the ram.
Would be a great way to turn out pistol ammo at home.
That would be the easy part for me. I'd cheat and look at a pneumatic press. That and and a solenoid valve on a pilot relay to a digital output on the PLC would be a quick fix. The rest of the stuff would be the hard part for me. I despise software.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a few seconds. Light him on FIRE and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Old 12-18-2010, 02:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer View Post
That would be the easy part for me. I'd cheat and look at a pneumatic press. That and and a solenoid valve on a pilot relay to a digital output on the PLC would be a quick fix. The rest of the stuff would be the hard part for me. I despise software.
Love ladder logic.

Frankly, I think hydraulic would be a better choice. The amount of force required would mean a very large and/or very long piston. Not only that, the amount of air needed would be huge. (No actual calcs, just off the cuff.)

Old 12-18-2010, 03:27 AM   #14

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts