New to Reloading? L@@k here. - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > New to Reloading? L@@k here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 02:03 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 90

read all you can and let comman seanse take control. harbor freight has a great bench for about 140.00

Old 04-21-2014, 02:04 AM   #52

Liked 1302 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradam View Post
I plan on asking questions, that is what I do. For those whom tire of my questions, just let me know and I will change my login name. I only desire sub-moa in all of my reloads. Is that to much to ask? I only hope my gear has not gathered rust because of my procrastinated( is that really a word?) ways. I do so apologize for dragging this process out but I must admit it has been fun shopping and reading all the threads. Good luck to all whom have taken a similar path.
You will never be able to load anything if you don't get your press mounted on your bench. LOL.

Rust? Hell,if your stuff was made from wood,it would be petrified by the time you get around to using it!
C'mon Brad,Get busy with it,and load up some rounds. I think I'll need to change barrels on the 6.5-06 by the time you get set-up.

You know I'll walk you through anything you need help with about reloading. I've kinda grown use to your way's of doing things!

THB
North American Hunting Club

Old 04-21-2014, 02:16 AM   #53
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 238 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
You will never be able to load anything if you don't get your press mounted on your bench. LOL.

Rust? Hell,if your stuff was made from wood,it would be petrified by the time you get around to using it!
C'mon Brad,Get busy with it,and load up some rounds. I think I'll need to change barrels on the 6.5-06 by the time you get set-up.

You know I'll walk you through anything you need help with about reloading. I've kinda grown use to your way's of doing things!

THB
Once again, Hammer down by Mr. Txh. but you do have a point. I will see about getting a press on the bench this next week and MAYBE have you quide me through at least depriming. Handguns or rifles first? I'll let you make the call, or perhaps a poll should be taken.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:32 AM   #54
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 238 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Default Stop The Press:

Quote:

THB
Not only is my turret press mounted, but today I de-primed 400 pcs of L.C. 12 7.62 Who knows what tomorrow may bring.
Txhillbilly Likes This 
Old 07-16-2014, 01:05 AM   #55

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Ok I'm a total moron. I just ordered and received 1000 rounds of 45acp hollow points for my glock. Much to my surprise I only received the copper bullet tips and not a complete round with casing. I don't think it's in the publics best interest for me to reload but I have a friend who does it and has proper equipment. Is it going to cost me a fortune to get casings and gunpowder to make these compete? Is it worth the time and money even?

Old 07-16-2014, 01:07 AM   #56

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Or should I just chalk it up to mistake I learned from and move on?

Old 07-16-2014, 03:55 AM   #57
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by veesis1 View Post
Ok I'm a total moron. I just ordered and received 1000 rounds of 45acp hollow points for my glock. Much to my surprise I only received the copper bullet tips and not a complete round with casing. I don't think it's in the publics best interest for me to reload but I have a friend who does it and has proper equipment. Is it going to cost me a fortune to get casings and gunpowder to make these compete? Is it worth the time and money even?
your probably looking at about $300-400 just for the additional components for reloading depending on what is available and whether it can be sourced locally or has to be ordered.

the figures i used are purely speculative and based on what is available by mail order.

then you have to factor in whether you trust your friends compentence to reload ammo for you.

http://www.handloads.com/calc/loadingCosts.asp

Old 07-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #58

Liked 1302 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by veesis1 View Post
Good luck trying to find pistol gunpowders,there hasn't been any around in a long time.
I'd just try to sell them,or return them for a refund. Bullets aren't loaded ammo,and most places will let you return them for a refund,if they are in the same packaging they came in.
North American Hunting Club
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #59

Liked 605 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 862

Quote:
Good luck trying to find pistol gunpowders,there hasn't been any around in a long time.
I'd just try to sell them,or return them for a refund. Bullets aren't loaded ammo,and most places will let you return them for a refund,if they are in the same packaging they came in.
H110 and Bluedot are the only two pistol powders I've seen in the last year. Both are "magnum" powders and have other uses as well(shotgun,rifle). Neither is a first choice 45acp powder. Unique or PB are much better.

Primers are back on the shelves, but 20% higher than before. Brass can often be had for the asking at your local police department, assuming they use 45 and not the more common 40 or 9mm. Call it $250-350 to finish your 1000 rounds of 45. This is assuming your friend already has the tooling...

Tough luck on the bullets, but they are great trade goods for the next gun show!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 07-17-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #60

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I never thought of a gun show trade. I'll try sending them back for a refund but if I can't the gumshoe trade will work