Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > New to Reloading? L@@k here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
hehe I thought you guys enjoyed a razzing now and again, especially light-hearted ones!

I guess I couldn't resist taking shots at a post that showed an intolerance to newbies, even if those shots were 'friendly' I suppose it's best to let it go seeing as how the tone was apparently misread.

See ya at The High Road and USA Carry.
If they allow that kind of douche baggery, no you wont........

Old 10-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #12

Wow is all I can say, I was kind of wondering why newbs weren't exactly showered with love as soon as they got out of the introduction thread and after reading tuts40's posts I can completely understand why! hahahaha. I am sure if he answered the same question 100 times by people who refuse to use the search feature he would have them reading the manual 4 times! I too am very interested in reloading and after I have an done some homework and actually have an intelligent question, I look forward to coming back to this thread. (was I brown nosing too bad there! lol) That is if the OP will even come back in here now

Old 11-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #13

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I read every single reloading manual I have cover to cover. I even read all the info about the cartridges even ones I don't shoot or own. Shoot I have read Cartridges of the world 4 or 5 times.

Whats wrong with someone requesting you do some research before asking a question.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Here is the 9th Edition link to Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/ABCs-Reloading-Definitive-Novice-Expert/dp/1440213968/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328419186&sr=1-1

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."

Old 02-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19595 Times on 11123 Posts
Likes Given: 49334

i think what the OP was trying to get across was, if a person is interested in reloading, and wanting to get into it, read the book, "ABC's of Reloading", as i bought mine several years ago, and there is wealth of information in this book for beginners and veteran reloaders. this was the first book i bought when i wanted to learn how, and still refer to from time to time. the generic question that the OP was probably refering to, " i want to start reloading, what do i need?" comes up very often. get this book, it will tell you what you need, give the basics on the reloading process, and has much needed safety information that should be followed to the letter. without the book and some general idea as to what is involved, we can tell you how, but it will probably sound like quatum physics to a layman! i have been reloading for about 4-5 years now, but watched and helped my father many years ago. i still have questions from time to time myself, but having the basic understanding, i know what someone is talking about when it's explained to me. i concur with the OP, buy the book, "ABC's of Reloading" buy several reloading manuals, (one i recommend, Richard Lee's Reloading Manual, lots of good basic information for the beginner also) and read them cover to cover several times, then ask questions on what isn't making sense.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #16

JonM,

Is the shoulder Patch displayed with your comments, of the 60th Artillery Bgd? After returning from Korea in 1962 I was stationed with the 60th around Chicago and wore a Patch similar to that.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:30 AM   #17

Does anyone have a suggestion on a progessive loader. I used a Lee Progressive back in the 80's and now getting back into reloading. Thinking of a Hornady LnL AP or a Dillion xl650.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 179 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 555

A friend who does a lot of reloading recommended the Lyman reloading manual because it lists different weight bullets without promoting a particular brand of bullet. I have a Hornady book which is a good manual but they do promote Hornady bullets. I'm still in the studying phase. I plan to learn to load 44 special. I am reading "Handloader's Digest" and thinking I will use Blue Dot powder.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I guess for someone dyslexic like me is screwed! The only book I have ever read was Calvin and Hobbs cartoon book, and that took me several weeks I only wish I was joking

Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #20

Default Looking for 45acp reloading stuff

New to the game look for a press and dyes for 45 acp