Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > New Reloading Bench

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New Reloading Bench

Finally got this puppy finished. Everything now has a place. Upper drawers for parts, lower drawer for powder and a place to hold all of the tool heads (note that the tool head stands are on drawer sliders ie they slide out),

re_loading_bench_3b.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
Finally got this puppy finished. Everything now has a place. Upper drawers for parts, lower drawer for powder and a place to hold all of the tool heads (note that the tool head stands are on drawer sliders ie they slide out),
Very nice looking setup you have there great job

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 06-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

+1

That is really a slick set up you got there my friend. Very well thought out. I like the added benefit of being able to sit on the stool and just reach down to the slide out tool heads as needed. Well played sir, well played....

JD

Old 06-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
+1

That is really a slick set up you got there my friend. Very well thought out. I like the added benefit of being able to sit on the stool and just reach down to the slide out tool heads as needed. Well played sir, well played....

JD

JD - That was the problem before. The bench that it was mounted on was 4 inches higher (I know it doesn't sound like much) but my back used to hurt after a couple hundred rounds. This should help a bunch.

I have to load 250 30-06 Tracer M25 rounds for my son's 1919 (Since my standard 06 reloads are a little to long for his converted IZZY gun) and then I need to do another 200 testing out some WC846T powder. I need to find a load that works for both his 1919 and my ANM2. It will be a busy summer.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Good looking set up. The only thing I would add is the bullet tray. I have that on my dillon and boy is it a life saver.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:14 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
JD - That was the problem before. The bench that it was mounted on was 4 inches higher (I know it doesn't sound like much) but my back used to hurt after a couple hundred rounds. This should help a bunch.
Oh believe me, I know bro, I know. The shop I work in has the benches that line two walls set up for my 'smith to stand there all day and work. Since I am about 4 to 5 inches taller, if I don't get the right height stool when I start a project, or I stand for awhile, it really makes a difference in my lower back.

That looks like a good looking set-up. If it works for you, I might be hitting you up for the specs to build one of my own.

JD

Old 08-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Good looking set up. The only thing I would add is the bullet tray. I have that on my dillon and boy is it a life saver.
Soon there is going to be a KISS bullet feeding accessory hooked to the 650. Don't need no bullet tray with one of those babies.