New to Reloading - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > New to Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Here's a slideshow and a few pics for the LoadData web site. I tried to post this in my first response, but the picture files needed some work. (cropping, resizing etc.)

LoadData slideshow at Photobucket

This will give you an idea of what $30 a year includes. It was an open search for 45 ACP data, results include loads from Hornady, Hodgdon, Accurate, Alliant, Lyman, Winchester, Ramshot, Barnes, IMR, Speer, Oregon Trail and Vihtavuori all on one web site. This data is also printer friendly if you want to print a hard copy.

As a member the "Click Here" shown in the last pic would actually show the charge weight instead of the link. The results will of course vary depending on caliber, powder or other search criteria. The 9mm Makarov has very little data compared to the 45 ACP, just Speer #14, Hodgdon and Lyman 49th Edition.

Here are 3 screen shots of the 45ACP search if the slideshow isn't working.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Reloading Handbook: 49th Edition Reloading Manual Softcover FWIW, I found this to be a very good all around book. If you will only have one manual at first, IMHO this would be a good one to start with.
Midway is sold out, I had to get it from Cabelas's instead. They have the hard cover for $8 more.

Cabela's: Lyman 49th Edition Reloading Handbook – Softcover Edition

Old 12-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Midnight thanks for the website info I think I'll have to look into that. I may suprise my wife with a quick trip to Cabela's this weekend to poke around (it is Christmas time and all) plus my son loves it there even though he's only 2.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 View Post
Midnight thanks for the website info I think I'll have to look into that. I may suprise my wife with a quick trip to Cabela's this weekend to poke around (it is Christmas time and all) plus my son loves it there even though he's only 2.
You're welcome. I stumbled on that site a few years ago looking for an oddball load. The manuals I have didn't have the particular combination of bullet/weight/powder I wanted to use. So I searched the web for the load and found LoadData and a few free sites. LoadData seemed to have nearly everything and they add new loads practically everyday so I decided to sign up.