Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   New loader success!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/new-loader-success-69637/)

sdiver35 08-04-2012 11:12 PM

New loader success!!

Just started loading, and took my first five rounds to the range today and all went perfect!

Triple-double checked everything and then zeroed the scale again and measured another 8 samples prior to putting a round in a primed, charged cartridge.

Never can be to sure, but it felt great afterwards :)

tri70 08-05-2012 01:22 AM

Good to hear! It is addictive but gives me something to do when I can't hunt!

Badshot320 08-05-2012 01:32 AM

Buy a book, Hornady,Hodgedon, etc.... Stick to whats in the book and dont trust anything on the web. Buy a decent micrometer and have fun. And yes when in doubt pour it out and weight it again!

Badshot

beaglesam 08-05-2012 12:01 PM

What caliber are you loading? If it's a pistol, load up about 200 rounds go to the range and really test it.

KeysKelly 08-05-2012 12:35 PM

Welcome to the world of reloading. I love it. There is no better feeling than the first small group shot with your own loads. Reloading saves a lot of money and is also fun.

One of my favorite parts is when one of my daughters have a boyfriend over. I make sure they somehow come into my office and "Accidentally" see my reloading bench behind my desk.

sdiver35 08-05-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badshot320
Buy a book, Hornady,Hodgedon, etc.... Stick to whats in the book and dont trust anything on the web. Buy a decent micrometer and have fun. And yes when in doubt pour it out and weight it again!

Badshot

The press came with the Speer reloading book and that's all I'm using for reference! I'll use the web for functional ideas and just to hear of others experiences.

Thanks!

sdiver35 08-05-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaglesam
What caliber are you loading? If it's a pistol, load up about 200 rounds go to the range and really test it.

Starting with .45 ACP then moving to .40 S&W. Now that I confirmed the first few were good I have 100 primed and another 100 or so in the tumbler getting prepped.

sdiver35 08-05-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeysKelly
Welcome to the world of reloading. I love it. There is no better feeling than the first small group shot with your own loads. Reloading saves a lot of money and is also fun.

One of my favorite parts is when one of my daughters have a boyfriend over. I make sure they somehow come into my office and "Accidentally" see my reloading bench behind my desk.

Ha! That would be fun to see the reaction! It is fun, takes shooting to a new level of understanding.

jjfuller1 08-05-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdiver35

Starting with .45 ACP then moving to .40 S&W. Now that I confirmed the first few were good I have 100 primed and another 100 or so in the tumbler getting prepped.

I love reloading my 40 it's probably may favorite to work on

sdiver35 08-07-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1

I love reloading my 40 it's probably may favorite to work on

I've heard they are a bit more sensitive rounds to reload.