Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > New loader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Default New loader

I just ordered my new lee loader off midway last night and I can't wait to start reloading again.
Paid $120 for the kit.
Like a kid waiting on santa now.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I know how it is. When I ordered all my stuff I could not wait. I had a few sleepless nights. Lol.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Ye, know how ya feel, been there. Once you get it though, your hooked and there's always more stuff to order.

Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt, SR40, SR9c, 22/45, 10-22, 77MKII, PT 1911

Old 09-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #4

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I just ordered my new lee loader off midway last night and I can't wait to start reloading again.
Which Lee kit did you purchase? This is the Lee Loader kit.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

No its the lee challenger breech lock single stage press kit I got it before it while it was still on sale, I check again today and it went back to the original price so I'm happy I ordered it when I did.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:08 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I bought the Challenger kit too , and I really like the Breech-Lock press.The quick change between dies and the abillity to set your dies once and then not have to adjust them again is great. You will probably want to upgrade from the scale that comes with the kit though as it leaves a lot to be desired.

I also replaced the powder measure that came with the kit, with the Pro Auto Disk powder measure which really speeds things up for the pistol cartridges I load.It mounts in the powder-thru expander dies that came with the die sets and is accurate, fast and consistant.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

What pistol dies do you have because that sounds like something I may want to do. I was going to eels the scale with a hornady digital one that I bought for my father in law when he started reloading.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Welcome to the addictive world of reloading!!! I started this past winter reloading 9mm ammo and have been hooked ever since. Lee makes excellent products.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

I would like to know more about this pro auto loader and the powder thur dies I've found them on midways website but would still like more info than they are giving,

Old 09-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I am using a Lee 3 die carbide set for 380ACP, and the 4 die carbide sets for 9mm. and 40SW.All those came with the powder thru expander die.

The Pro auto disk powder measure mounts on top of the die ,and when the case comes up to be expanded ,it slides the disk measure out and drops the charge into the case, when you drop the case a spring pulls the disk back to be recharged.Because the press activates the measure it takes a lot of variation out of the motion and seems to throw a more consistant charge, and because I am combining 2 steps it is faster too.

I weighed the first 50 it dropped and now just check every 25 or so and I have yet to adjust a charge.So far there has been a disk cavity that closely matches the charge I want to throw(the disks have from 2 to 4 tenths increments), but you can't really fine tune the charges like you can with variable chamber measures.