New California ammo laws and reloading
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > New California ammo laws and reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default New California ammo laws and reloading

Can anyone tell me if projectiles, brass, primers, and powder can be bought out of state and mailed in or does all of this fall into California's new Draconian ammunition laws. Please only reply if you are 100% certain if your answer.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #2

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

Considering the proposed law (SB53) is still in the assembly and can be re-written, added to or subtracted from ad infinitum, until the Governor signs it, I can't understand how anyone can be 100% sure unless they have a time machine.

Might want to hold off on asking questions like this on public forums until a law is actually passed, you are just giving antis ideas on how to re-write their proposed bill better.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 328 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I would recommend a trip to Oregon, Nevada or Arizona and buy up all you can. Put it in the trunk of the car and bring it home. Then keep your mouth shut about your hoard.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #4

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Call a vendor out of state and see if they can ship to CA.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks
I would recommend a trip to Oregon, Nevada or Arizona and buy up all you can. Put it in the trunk of the car and bring it home. Then keep your mouth shut about your hoard.
It seems like the plan for everyone I know! These stupid legislators are now creating a huge black market for ammunition. But my main concern is if I can legally buy bullets (projectiles), brass, primers, and powder from out of state and have it shipped here! California has some of the lowest employed citizens in this country and they may now have just put even more people on welfare since a lot of gun shops may now close considering people don't want the government knowing what they own and how much they can own. Also, we just passed another completely stupid law which states all new guns coming into California must now have micro stamping technology. I don't know how many companies are going to re vamp there whole line of firearms jut to put micro stamping on some just so they can sell in California!

Old 06-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampart18

It seems like the plan for everyone I know! These stupid legislators are now creating a huge black market for ammunition. But my main concern is if I can legally buy bullets (projectiles), brass, primers, and powder from out of state and have it shipped here! California has some of the lowest employed citizens in this country and they may now have just put even more people on welfare since a lot of gun shops may now close considering people don't want the government knowing what they own and how much they can own. Also, we just passed another completely stupid law which states all new guns coming into California must now have micro stamping technology. I don't know how many companies are going to re vamp there whole line of firearms jut to put micro stamping on some just so they can sell in California!
The micro stamping thing has been round for a few years but there was a provision in it which basically said to do it as soon as the technology was feasible. Apparently it is now feasible.

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm

The micro stamping thing has been round for a few years but there was a provision in it which basically said to do it as soon as the technology was feasible. Apparently it is now feasible.
From what I've read it is not yet feasible! No firearm company is doing it. And I don't think a company such as colt would do it just to sell in California. It seems that these legislators are doing everything they can to stop firearms coming in to our state and trying to close any loop hole that a citizen can use to get around these draconian laws. I can't seem to find any petitions to try and throw Pelosi and Feinstein back in the ballot in 2014 like they did in Colorado. If anyone had any info on such a petition please link it and let's get these people back on the ballot.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampart18 View Post

From what I've read it is not yet feasible! No firearm company is doing it. And I don't think a company such as colt would do it just to sell in California. It seems that these legislators are doing everything they can to stop firearms coming in to our state and trying to close any loop hole that a citizen can use to get around these draconian laws. I can't seem to find any petitions to try and throw Pelosi and Feinstein back in the ballot in 2014 like they did in Colorado. If anyone had any info on such a petition please link it and let's get these people back on the ballot.
I pretty much agree. If I were a gun manufacturing company I prolly wouldn't wanna sell guns here anymore. It would be too expensive to get my microstamping machinery setup.

Always have clean socks.