Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > A need someone to reload for me...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 03:54 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 713 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Me I would go with factory ammo or sell the rifle and get a 25-06. It can do the same job as the 257 wby with less powder and ammo cost a whole lot less.
I second the .25-06 it is one flat shooting SOB, factory ammo is reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
just start loading your own. ....highly recomend getting started loading your own.
If you want to get into reload look at some of the Lee Starter kits, they are
reasonably priced and will work well on the smaller cases. If you like it then
upgrade to RCBS and Dillon as you see fit. I justified my initial reloading
equipment with my .300 H&H Magnum it only took 300 rounds for a wash on
pricing.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 10-18-2010, 02:01 AM   #12

I just want to clarify that i wasnt asking anyone to commit a felony, I was looking for other companies like superior that make custom load. I have a good friend that used them and it worked out great for him. I just didnt like the price because i want to start shooting alot more. I would get into reloading if I could watch someone do it and someone that could teach me

Old 10-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2201 Times on 1130 Posts
Likes Given: 196

Consider getting some books on the subject. The ABC's Of reloading, as previously stated. The new Lee Reloading manual, or the Lyman manual. There are many others as well. They will have solid guidance as to the ins & outs of the process.
Also, check your local gun shops and/or Shooting ranges, I would be surprised if you can't find someone willing to show you the ropes. Locally, our Sportsman's Warehouse has reloading classes now & then. I haven't looked, but I'd bet there is some useful info on YouTube.
As previously stated, the Lee kits are a good starting point for gear. I have a Lee challenger kit that works just fine (I'm not a fan of the included scale however).
Lee Precision, Inc. Reloading Tools and Equipment: Anniversary Kit

NRA Life Member

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" B. H. Obama. (Sort of representative of his whole tenure, when you think about it.)

Old 10-22-2010, 11:53 PM   #14

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene1975 View Post
I just want to clarify that i wasnt asking anyone to commit a felony, I was looking for other companies like superior that make custom load. I have a good friend that used them and it worked out great for him. I just didnt like the price because i want to start shooting alot more. I would get into reloading if I could watch someone do it and someone that could teach me

Got to youtube. They have lots of reloading videos.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Yes but those companies have liability insurance and a class 7 FFL (ammo manufacturer's license). In other words they're all legally set up for it. We on the other hand are not legally set up to reload for someone else. Why not start reloading yourself? Not only will you save a bunch of money per round, it's also VERY gratifying.
I totally agree with Mr. Bear. The .257 Weatherby Mag is one of the classic over- bores and it is noted for it`s short barrel life.

patret

Old 10-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #16

Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Exactly what I thought when I read the following

Quote:
I need someone to reload for my .257 weatherby magnum . I was told there are companies that will send out some sample bullets and you can see what groups the best and then by that combination by the boxes. I dont want 10,000 rounds but maybe a 100 rounds or so at a time. Does anybody have any sugestions.
I'm not a frequent or prolific poster, heck this is my first post on this forum.

I read your post though and never thought that gene, you shouldn't need to clarify anything to anyone.

MHO, jw

Old 10-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #17

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireless View Post
Exactly what I thought when I read the following

I'm not a frequent or prolific poster, heck this is my first post on this forum.

I read your post though and never thought that gene, you shouldn't need to clarify anything to anyone.

MHO, jw
I disagree. The OP said these companies would send him BULLETS, which implies just bullets....to be reloaded. If he had said CARTRIDGES, perhaps people wouldn't have misunderstood.

Just a question of semantics, I agree, but an important distinction to make before taking a good guy vs. bad responders approach. Just my opinion.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:23 AM   #18

Likes Given: 4

Agreed lonyaeger, I "assumed" he meant something other than what he wrote. The reference to wanting "rounds" later in the post, which to me means loaded ammo, is where I drew the assumption from.

I still don't feel like the post was cause for accusing the guy of asking someone to commit a felony and lecturing him to read up on operating a gun business. Others didn't either, there were replies which were constructive or meant to be helpful.

It's all good, people just seem to be quick on the trigger lately.

Again MHO, jw

Old 10-28-2010, 04:05 AM   #19

I'd go the 25-06 route myself if my intention was some serious shooting; 100 rds a session or so. My definition.

You could hit a local gunshow, some guys sell hard to find ammo in ziplocks. Might worth your while to strike up a conversation and see what they can do for you. I'm sure they are properly licensed but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireless View Post
Agreed lonyaeger, I "assumed" he meant something other than what he wrote. The reference to wanting "rounds" later in the post, which to me means loaded ammo, is where I drew the assumption from.

I still don't feel like the post was cause for accusing the guy of asking someone to commit a felony and lecturing him to read up on operating a gun business. Others didn't either, there were replies which were constructive or meant to be helpful.

It's all good, people just seem to be quick on the trigger lately.

Again MHO, jw
jw,

Did you actually READ the thread title, or follow the link to the thread posted above in regards to my comments?

Quote:
A need someone to reload for me...
So please don't be so quick on the trigger to judge others intentions.
Fair enough?

Wer anderen etwas vorgedacht, wird jahrelang nur ausgelacht.
Begreift man die Entdeckung endlich, so nennt sie jeder selbstverständlich.
-- Wilhelm Busch