Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   need some grades,help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/need-some-grades-help-85663/)

alard17 03-03-2013 08:56 AM

need some grades,help

HI all,
I'm an engineering student and I have choosen a reloading press and moulds to build as a project for my semester project, I decided to make the moulds for 7.62 by 39 which I thik is gonna be much easier to machine but there is a small proplem because I am supposed to make the moulds by try and mistake which is a poring inaccurate process and I can't leave my millitary college for any reason so I'm cheating now .
what I hope you guys will help me with is to send me (if possiple) the blueprints of the moulds or any link that could help me with this project
accuracy is my motto / don't let me down

mey the grades be with me

kaido 03-03-2013 09:11 AM

Do you just have to make a mould for the actual bullet it's self or do you need one for the bullet and the case?

And just to be sure, we're talking about an object you would pour a hot liquid into to have it solidify into a sold of the shape you are making?

c3shooter 03-03-2013 10:34 AM

To affirm what he said up there ^^^-

When you are casting bullets (the projectile), you pour molten metal into a MOLD.

When you are reloading a fired cartridge (cartridge case, primer, powder, bullet) you use a DIE to draw the metal cartridge case back to shape, to remove the fired primer, seat a fresh primer, and in some cases, to crimp the neck of the case onto the bullet.

Depending on the cartridge, there may be 2,3 or 4 dies in a set. Sounds like you are looking mainly at a SIZING DIE. These are made of hardened steel or carbide for wear. Internal dimensions are the external dimensions of the cartridge case. Those vary from one caliber to another.

External appearance of dies can be obtained from websites for reloading dies for sale- or the makers of dies- such as Lee Precision, RCBS, Dillion, etc. Blueprints of cartridge dimensions are also on line.

Simplest design was possibly the classic Lee Loader- open ended die- you used a plastic faced mallet to drive a cartridge case into one end to re-size it, drove it out with a rod and mallet, loaded powder, seated bullet, and then inserted into other end of die, rapped die gently to crimp case.

alard17 03-05-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1161442)
To affirm what he said up there ^^^-

When you are casting bullets (the projectile), you pour molten metal into a MOLD.

When you are reloading a fired cartridge (cartridge case, primer, powder, bullet) you use a DIE to draw the metal cartridge case back to shape, to remove the fired primer, seat a fresh primer, and in some cases, to crimp the neck of the case onto the bullet.

Depending on the cartridge, there may be 2,3 or 4 dies in a set. Sounds like you are looking mainly at a SIZING DIE. These are made of hardened steel or carbide for wear. Internal dimensions are the external dimensions of the cartridge case. Those vary from one caliber to another.

External appearance of dies can be obtained from websites for reloading dies for sale- or the makers of dies- such as Lee Precision, RCBS, Dillion, etc. Blueprints of cartridge dimensions are also on line.

Simplest design was possibly the classic Lee Loader- open ended die- you used a plastic faced mallet to drive a cartridge case into one end to re-size it, drove it out with a rod and mallet, loaded powder, seated bullet, and then inserted into other end of die, rapped die gently to crimp case.

Thank you very much the proplem was solved and if you want I can send you the video to see it in youtube
would you please send me your CV I think I found a good highly paid job

c3shooter 03-05-2013 12:54 PM

Thank you for the offer, but much of my CV is restricted information- and you are in Syria, yes?

alard17 03-06-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1164245)
Thank you for the offer, but much of my CV is restricted information- and you are in Syria, yes?

infact now you know my little sicret
YES;proudly I am in Syria but BELIEVE me all the guns I have are legal specially my RPG launcher and my PKS russian machine gun

and any time you wanna visit syria (of course in the future ) please tell me because I would like to host you and have lunch with you

and if you still want the job tell me (we are well paid people) plus the laws here are bitters than the ones you have in america

now you know I am in Syria (IDLIB) do you know my real name or my real nationality (I don't think so)

So we can be Friend (a good ones)
please guess what nationality Iam

one last True thing " I am an aeronautical engineer "