Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Ammunition & Reloading (
-   -   Need help identifying (

stiv 09-08-2012 07:34 AM

Need help identifying
3 Attachment(s)
This looks like either a gun cleaner or reloader it has a Browning belt and there is a handle that moves the piece in and out and the other handle turns the wheel, this is not a circumcision machine does anybody have an idea of the year and function

mountainman13 09-08-2012 10:41 AM

Welcome to FTF. It's hard to see. Better (closer) pics would help. It looks like it might be an old case trimmer or something.

LongRifle50 09-14-2012 02:27 AM

Looks like a device to make bullets seated in a case, concentric

LongRifle50 09-14-2012 02:31 AM

Or could be a chamfering device. It looks like it holds a case or bullet, rotates it precisely and presses something down on to it

hiwall 09-14-2012 04:00 AM

it would also help to know the size or have a coin in the pic so we get an idea of the size. What is the wheel made out of?

steve4102 09-14-2012 08:55 AM

Neco runout gauge??

Sport45 09-15-2012 02:02 AM

I'm guessing it should mount on a vertical surface and would be used to crimp paper shotgun hulls.

But the oil cap suggests it would mount horizontally.

303tom 09-15-2012 04:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It is a shotgun shell roll-crimper...............

LongRifle50 09-15-2012 01:31 PM

Yup, that's what it is. I was trying to remember where I saw that lever "shell pressing" assembly. You usually see it in the slammer old roll crimpers

stiv 10-04-2012 07:04 AM

Thanks Tom that helped me out and to everyone, it has a browning belt not sure if that picture you posted up, gives more details of the manufacturer, just didn't know if it was made by browning. In any case I have no use for a shotgun shell roll crimper, if you know anyone interested, it is for sale, I'm at


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:49 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.