Need help

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Need help

My uncle is getting his roof done he is a retired army col he had to move stuff from his attic and he found alot of reloading stuff. He gave me alot of 9mm brass and bullet heads they are 124 grin 9mm speer my question is do i have to lube them. I have reloaded 38special and 40s/w in lead and never had to lube the bullet heads just wondering if i should or shouldnt. Uncle also gave me like 2000 rds of 22 lr that were in his stash. Blazer cci lead. I love shooting 22. also there is a speer reladong manuel that says to use 3.5 grn of bullseye. but their website says 4.4

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Are the 9mm bullets plain lead? If so they are SOFT swaged lead and not worth a damn for most 9mm applications. They have a dry lube on them from the factory so you do not need to add any other lube.

A tip for loading these bullets; Load as slow as you can and still get the gun to function. Load as long as you can and still fit in the magazine. Lead bullets in 9mm seem to respond well to grabbing rifling as soon as possible after leaving the case. 9mm gets up to speed pretty quickly. The method I have found is to load them very near max oal.

Go with the newer data on any powder. Powders evolve and the data must evolve with it.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball