Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > need ammo, I got the secret

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #31
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 1,919
Liked 871 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Default

If people buy the inventory at 7am as they bring it out of the back, it does not enter the inventory system until it is sold. That does no good in that reguard to the app. Where the app does help, is after the ammo is scanned in, and no one has purchased it yet, which for many calibers ain't going to happen in an ammo shortage, with people waiting to buy it as it hits the shelves.

Sometimes ammo and guns are put out at odd times of the day, for several reasons. Then the app helps as no lines in the store to purchase.

Walked through a Wal-Mart recently and picked up 500 rounds of 40 S&W. I do not own a 40 handgun, but a conversion barrel was located for my Glock 20 so I could shoot it. 10MM is hard to find.

We live in odd times.

__________________
AR10 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,626
Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

Same crossed my mind here too---
And/or alerting friends when to show up-
I've heard an employee talking to a friend telling him what ammo is in.
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
If people buy the inventory at 7am as they bring it out of the back, it does not enter the inventory system until it is sold. That does no good in that reguard to the app. Where the app does help, is after the ammo is scanned in, and no one has purchased it yet, which for many calibers ain't going to happen in an ammo shortage, with people waiting to buy it as it hits the shelves.

Sometimes ammo and guns are put out at odd times of the day, for several reasons. Then the app helps as no lines in the store to purchase.

Walked through a Wal-Mart recently and picked up 500 rounds of 40 S&W. I do not own a 40 handgun, but a conversion barrel was located for my Glock 20 so I could shoot it. 10MM is hard to find.

We live in odd times.
Just came from my LGS- He had "plenty" of 380, 10mm, & 45acp----
Zero 22 LR & 9mm---
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,121
Liked 19810 Times on 11247 Posts
Likes Given: 49927

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Just came from my LGS- He had "plenty" of 380, 10mm, & 45acp----
Zero 22 LR & 9mm---
my LGS is coming up short on 22lr, 9mm, 45acp and 223 right now. i reserved a bulk box of 22lr last weekend with him.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,626
Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

my LGS is coming up short on 22lr, 9mm, 45acp and 223 right now. i reserved a bulk box of 22lr last weekend with him.
I have a reloaded for 45 tg
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
my LGS is coming up short on 22lr, 9mm, 45acp and 223 right now. i reserved a bulk box of 22lr last weekend with him.
Walmart had zip-zero-nadda & ziltige
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #37
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocshaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KanOkla
Posts: 3,279
Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Default

Went over to the lgs like I said, bought some 22 mag, 30 carbine, some 223 and some 45 acp. Oh, and I bought an SR1911 to go along with the 45 acp.

__________________
rocshaman is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Went over to the lgs like I said, bought some 22 mag, 30 carbine, some 223 and some 45 acp. Oh, and I bought an SR1911 to go along with the 45 acp.
Well you needed something to shoot that ammo
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:19 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
Sig just gave another suggestion for finding ammo. if it works fine, if not, then so be it. he's just trying to help others out in these hard times of an ammo shortage. cut the guy some slack.
I wasn't getting on Sig at all, it's Walmart not be accurate that I have an issue with.
__________________
rcu316 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:23 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chrishiggin29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 115
Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

Default

I use the Walmart app I find it works. But u gota be quick. Ppl are usually lined up soon as they open to buy ammo when it's in stock and usually sells out by 10:00. Another thing I found out most Walmart stores aren't keeping the ammo in plain sight. It's outa sight outa mind. I recently found some federal 100 round value packs of .223 in stock at my local Walmart. I got there and the shelves looked bare. So I asked the sales guy if they had .223 he said yeah and opened the cabinet and reached all the way in the back where you couldn't see and got me my ammo. So if it shows in stock and you don't see it on the shelf Ask! Also academy sports get ammo on Mon Wed Fri. So check then and you'll have better luck

The guns and ammo situation seem to be gettin better. I'm seeing more guns and ammo than I have in months past.

__________________

RRA Predator Pursuit 20"
RRA Entry Tactical
G21SF,G23,G27
10/22, MKII

chrishiggin29 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
I have a secret oneshot The Club House 30 05-08-2011 02:57 AM
secret code dteed4094 The Club House 3 01-31-2010 05:55 AM