need ammo, I got the secret - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > need ammo, I got the secret

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #11
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 2,229
Liked 1106 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Default

One store showed .22 as well as .223. I called the store, and they did have .223, but no .22

No system of inventory is perfect, but this is one great tool to help out people looking for ammo.

Thanks very much for posting this!

__________________
AR10 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

It's not worth a crap for me. It's showed ammo at 3 Walmarts around me and I have yet to find any. I even question them on it when I go as it shows its in stock. They can't ever find it. Whiz on Walmart.

__________________
rcu316 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Sig just gave another suggestion for finding ammo. if it works fine, if not, then so be it. he's just trying to help others out in these hard times of an ammo shortage. cut the guy some slack.

__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The green, green grass of home.
Posts: 448
Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcu316 View Post
It's not worth a crap for me. It's showed ammo at 3 Walmarts around me and I have yet to find any. I even question them on it when I go as it shows its in stock. They can't ever find it. Whiz on Walmart.
That's why I asked. Because this may not actually be a very useful tool. I'll use animal metaphors for y'all. In fact, this secret tool may be a red herring. As useful as t*t* on a bull. Lead you on a wild goose chase. Is that a little better? Oh, I know 'apps' are the latest fad and everything on the internet and in the cloud always offer adequate if not perfect results, but...



People really have a problem with inquiring minds, eh? I guess because there are basic questions y'all didn't think of and can't answer, not even the OP. "I'd like to think so." That's your "secret"? Seriously!? Yeah.

Dick And Jane should remember to measure twice and cut once.
__________________

Last edited by MattShlock; 03-30-2013 at 01:43 PM.
MattShlock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
apwvsd40ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 552
Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default

I have not used the app with walmart but THANK YOU for the tip! It is certainly more helpful than the random call or stop and see. I have stock times for my local walmart and still have only had marginal success. If it saves me a few bucks in gas and some time...I will take it!

__________________

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

apwvsd40ve is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The green, green grass of home.
Posts: 448
Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
I have not used the app with walmart but THANK YOU for the tip! It is certainly more helpful than the random call or stop and see. I have stock times for my local walmart and still have only had marginal success. If it saves me a few bucks in gas and some time...I will take it!
If it isn't necessarily accurate and you rely on it how is it "more helpful"? Sounds like you'll have to call anyway. And be right there physically given how quickly stuff flys off of the shelf.

Angry Birds works.
__________________
MattShlock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post
That's why I asked. Because this may not actually be a very useful tool. I'll use animal metaphors for y'all. In fact, this secret tool may be a red herring. As useful as t*t* on a bull. Lead you on a wild goose chase. Is that a little better? Oh, I know 'apps' are the latest fad and everything on the internet and in the cloud always offer adequate if not perfect results, but...



People really have a problem with inquiring minds, eh? I guess because there are basic questions y'all didn't think of and can't answer, not even the OP. "I'd like to think so." That's your "secret"? Seriously!? Yeah.

Dick And Jane should remember to measure twice and cut once.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zombiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest,Indiana
Posts: 4,126
Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
Sig just gave another suggestion for finding ammo. if it works fine, if not, then so be it. he's just trying to help others out in these hard times of an ammo shortage. cut the guy some slack.
We think the Walmart employees are buying it before it hits the shelves by us.......or so it seems.
__________________
Zombiegirl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clearsights's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 402
Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post
What makes you think it is accurate? Is inventory on the app automaticaly updated as stock is put out and decremented in real time, or will you show up and see what is supposed to be out has been sold or is in someone's shopping cart which seems to take a coupla hours if not a few minutes!?
Just to answer your question, Matt, it is pretty darn accurate. Now it won't tell you that I've got the ammo in my cart and have stopped to look at panties, but it is pretty accurate. It looks like it updates once they scan the box to fill the shelves. A friend of mine was doing the same thing as the app from WalMart's website. I've used the website the same once I found out what time their sporting goods was worked each day. I'm not a huge fan of getting ammo from them because I've a few other places I'd rather support, but getting ammo is-what-it-is as of late. So, take advantage of the ops advice if you wish.
__________________
clearsights is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
We think the Walmart employees are buying it before it hits the shelves by us.......or so it seems.
Same crossed my mind here too---
And/or alerting friends when to show up-
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
Mongo Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
I have a secret oneshot The Club House 30 05-08-2011 03:57 AM
secret code dteed4094 The Club House 3 01-31-2010 06:55 AM