My reloading setup - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > My reloading setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 187 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg
Ya it would load 308 fine I'm sure, just watch what's going on when ur working it, see if you are having to put a lot of force on it which may cause it to flex or possibly break, I'm sure it will be fine for 223 or even some 308 but if you are going to be doing a lot of loading or want to load some bigger stuff look into adding the "O" frame press, they're much stronger and will last forever. What you have there is a fine set to start out with.
Thanks a lot all I need is a powder throw. I checked my scale with a 55 grain projectile and its dead eye d!ck every time.

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2
53 Springfield M1 Garand

Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 AM   #12

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

I got the RCBS powder throw with my kit, it works ok but I am not thrilled with it. I wish I would have bought everything seperate and spent probably a little more but got the components I really liked. My buddy has the Hornady powder throw and it has a much better feel to it. I didn't notice a hand prime tool there, these are very handy and a good way to prime without really handling the primers with your hands too much, my kit came with the RCBS one and it works ok, stay away from the Lee handprime tool as it requires it's own special shellholders rather than using the same shellholders as all the presses use.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg
I got the RCBS powder throw with my kit, it works ok but I am not thrilled with it. I wish I would have bought everything seperate and spent probably a little more but got the components I really liked. My buddy has the Hornady powder throw and it has a much better feel to it. I didn't notice a hand prime tool there, these are very handy and a good way to prime without really handling the primers with your hands too much, my kit came with the RCBS one and it works ok, stay away from the Lee handprime tool as it requires it's own special shellholders rather than using the same shellholders as all the presses use.
There's actually a primer on the press with a tube. It seems like it will be a little awkward to get used to but I think once I get it down ill be A-OK

Marlin Model 60
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
53 Springfield M1 Garand

Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 AM   #14

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Ya I saw that on there, that should work pretty good, my buddy has the old Rock Chucker and it had a setup like that with the tube, though he still used the hand prime tool a lot as well, my Rock Chucker Supreme which is the replacement for his press only has a small arm which you would have to individually set each primer on, it's a pain in the a$$ so I use the hand prime, also the hand prime allows you to sit on the couch and watch tv while priming rather than being tied to the bench, just something extra that's nice to have but not really a necessity.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 01-31-2013, 05:07 AM   #15

Liked 749 Times on 496 Posts
Likes Given: 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
Ya it would load 308 fine I'm sure, just watch what's going on when ur working it, see if you are having to put a lot of force on it which may cause it to flex or possibly break, I'm sure it will be fine for 223 or even some 308 but if you are going to be doing a lot of loading or want to load some bigger stuff look into adding the "O" frame press, they're much stronger and will last forever. What you have there is a fine set to start out with.
Thats a Lyman Spartan, I have one of those and its pretty heavy duty. Ive resized '06 to 7.7 jap with no problems....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
There's actually a primer on the press with a tube. It seems like it will be a little awkward to get used to but I think once I get it down ill be A-OK
Trust me, get the lee hand primer tool. It is awesome! Once you get it, you'll never want to use the one built into the press.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez

Thats a Lyman Spartan, I have one of those and its pretty heavy duty. Ive resized '06 to 7.7 jap with no problems....

Trust me, get the lee hand primer tool. It is awesome! Once you get it, you'll never want to use the one built into the press.
Yea I have all the original manuals which is pretty cool IMO. It's good to know that you can load -06 on it that's the biggest ill be loading for a while to come.

Marlin Model 60
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
53 Springfield M1 Garand

Old 02-02-2013, 03:32 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

that press is like my first one...I never has a problem sizing any rifle case @ all...pretty good press for a C press!