My prognostications.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > My prognostications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Default My prognostications.

1. The demand for ammo and components is very high, so supply is TEMPORARILY limited.

2. Supply will catch up with demand within 6 months or less. So don't panic and pay exorbitant prices.

3. Osamabamma ding dong will not be able to pass ANY anti gun legislation at least for the next two years.

4. When supply does catch up, that is the time to stockpile. ( now you know that you SHOULD have stockpiled last year!

5. Chill out. Drink a brew. Fondle your guns. and keep the faith, baby!

Winston Churchill
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #2

I'd have to agree. The only thing that is coming from all this, is lots of people are making a good bit of money cause demand is high right now.

I plan to just keep stock like I normally do of my reloading supplies but I'm in no means going overboard like a lot of folks are. I'll wait for the dust to settle before making my purchases.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1851 Times on 1267 Posts
Likes Given: 676

There is ammo available right now. You can find it at good prices. You do have to do your homework. The ammo is out there if you need it.

The sporting goods manager at my local walmart told me there is no ammo shortage. People are buying a lot of ammo as usual at this time of the year. She said the reason the ammo is not on the shelf is the truck can only haul so much ammo. It has to drop some ammo at every Walmart on it's route. None of the Walmarts are getting a full order of ammo. Each distribution center only has so many trucks. All the hazmat trucks are rolling as much as possible. So the perceived ammo shortage is not a shortage but a distribution problem. If everyone stops the panic buying the distribution system will catch up in just a few weeks.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:40 AM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Wish I had a Walmart that carried ammo or reloading supplies. If your Walmart does, support them.
Just remember, the Dems control the senate and republicans seem to be spineless. Anything could happen.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 AM   #5

Yeah I wish my Walmart carried reloading supplies. I'd be nice if I was in a pinch and needed something real quick.

Luckily, we just for a brand new Cabelas, which is only about 2-2 1/2 hours from me, which ain't too bad. A nice little day trip. Granted, it'd probably still be cheaper even after shipping and hazmat to order it online. We're getting ready to get a Bass Pro Shop though and it'll be just a quick 30 minute trip. Now when that gets done being built, it'll definitely be cheaper to go there and grab powder and primers.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Check out Ammoengine. It lists what's available and where. It's not infallible, but it's a good reference point for what's out there.

Link: http://www.ammoengine.com/

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-11-2012, 04:05 AM   #7

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Their building a Cabelas about a mile away from my house right now. It gonna be open sometime this spring. My wife said thats gonna be a bad thing for me. Only time will tell..

Old 12-11-2012, 04:06 AM   #8

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTexanBoy View Post
Yeah I wish my Walmart carried reloading supplies. I'd be nice if I was in a pinch and needed something real quick.

Luckily, we just for a brand new Cabelas, which is only about 2-2 1/2 hours from me, which ain't too bad. A nice little day trip. Granted, it'd probably still be cheaper even after shipping and hazmat to order it online. We're getting ready to get a Bass Pro Shop though and it'll be just a quick 30 minute trip. Now when that gets done being built, it'll definitely be cheaper to go there and grab powder and primers.
Bass pro is 20-40% higher than Cabelas on ammo, guns and components.

Try powder valley.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #9

Liked 748 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 824

Thanks all you crazy people... Its easier for me to find what I need now..
Seems not alot of people are stocking up on 6.5 or 7.7 Jap for SHTF.....

CA357 Likes This 
Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #10

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I started stock piling before the idiot was elected the 1st time. I just reload and shoot now. Still a good amount of ammo and components out there. The Cabela's here has Rem fmj 55gr bullets for $10.95/100 plus a lot of 500 rd ammo boxes for $140.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin