Moved Reloading Room

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Moved Reloading Room

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 01:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Moved Reloading Room

When my powder supply topped 40 lb I decided to move out of the house. I got an 8'x16' utility building and insulated and wired it then finished the inside. I now have benches down one long wall and across one end with shelving for supplies.
I have it airconditioned and heated with a small frig for cold beer,( not while reloading).
I'm soon going to install a fold down table for my gunsmithing area, and more shelving under the bench.
What kind of settups do you guys have?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #2

sounds like a buddy of mine..he calls it his "man cave"

Old 02-05-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Similar situation. 12 X 12 shed, loading bench down one side and shelves along other two. AC, no heat (it is TEXAS, by God), no fridge (gotta have some contact with the family). Not big enough for everything I do, I cast bullets in front of the garage, better ventillation. Gunsmithing, that's what kitchen tables were made for.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Living in the midwest, I am a basement reloader. I only have around 10 pounds of powder, and it is stored in a wood cabinet, with primers being stored in a seperate cabinet. I cast bullets in the garage with a ventilation fan. My basement is unfinished, so soon, I will enclose my area with some walls and I fear my wife and kids will not see me much. Is there any better way to spend a rainy or snowy day than fiddling at the reloading bench?

Old 02-07-2008, 01:00 AM   #5

Well you know I'm and old fart and I have spent some of my years acumulating stuff. I have a 2400 sq ft fab and machanic shop which gets more of my time than my reloading but I would rather it were the other way around.
The wife says I should have been a single guy since there isn't time for my hobbies and her in any given day.
One day when and if I figure out how to post pictures I'll show you guys my toys, but in the meantime thanks for the replies, Glenn

Old 02-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Here is mine. I is a reloading room/storage room/ garden shed.

I need to take new pictures because I now have a slick Dillon RL 550B where the RCBS press is sitting.

When I move in the next 3 years. I am going to build a room in the basement and have three different areas.
Area 1: Reloading with bullet, powder, and Primer storage.

Area 2: Gun maintnance and minor gunsmithing (Hope to get a mini lath and mini mill some day).

Area 3: Case prep and cleaning with tumblers and all case prep tools.

Area 3a: tv and stero to watch hunting videos in Surround sound.

Last edited by cpttango30; 02-11-2008 at 11:37 PM.