Most Accurate 9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Most Accurate 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Most Accurate 9mm

I recently bought a Sig X5 because I wanted the most accurate 9mm I could get. I am a believer that you get what you pay for, most of the time. (Was it worth it? Maybe) Now I need to find out which brand of ammo shoots best in it. So I bought ten different brands to try to find out. I used a rest and fired 5 shots each at 15 yds. to the target, then 10 shots each with a two hand hold. I was amazed at the results. THEY WERE ALL ABOUT THE SAME! So close in fact that I can not determine which brand shoots best. If I had to make a choice I would choose Winchester, Blazer, or Fiocchi. All were 115 gr. FMJ. I did not buy any super expensive stuff. I guess I will try some expensive stuff next.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #2

try shooting from vice that way it throws the human factor out of the picture and that will show you the true accuracy of each brand.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

1) need longer range--at least 25 yards
2) you can spend thousands on a 9mm and still not get the accuracy a good .45 Auto will give you. What kind of groups did you get? Are you happy or upset over the accuracy you got? If they are all more or less the same, stock up on the cheapest and practice, practice, practice. The gun can not out shoot the nut behind the trigger.
3) I find that my 9mm guns tend to prefer 125gn over 115gn bullets, and a couple are absolutely in love with 147gn bullets.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You are correct. I like my 45 a lot but was hoping to find something a bit cheaper to shoot. I do need to try the 125gr. bullets. I don't have access to a vice so a rest was the best I could do for now. Am I happy with the results? I guess for now I am not unhappy but I would like a bit better results. I also know I need to practice more, hence the lesser expensive 9mm. Then there's always my S&W 41 22lr.