mixed load question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > mixed load question

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Ive seen 12 guage rounds with a slug and 3 smaller rounds and i understand you have to use diffrent burning powders for diffrent loads but if u were to stack 00 buck ontop of bird shot what powder would you use

__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 10-28-2012, 03:58 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Ive seen 12 guage rounds with a slug and 3 smaller rounds and i understand you have to use diffrent burning powders for diffrent loads but if u were to stack 00 buck ontop of bird shot what powder would you use
personally i wouldn't do it. simply because of using different size shot. best advise is to buy them already loaded like that, as they have worked out the details behind using different size shot. unless your load data books show data for such a load, i would hold off until they start publishing such information.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
Steel_Talon Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Steel_Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cochise County,AZ
Posts: 1,766
Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Default

I agree with Axxe Either buy factory loaded shells a few boxes at a time. Or seek out the "Cafeteria" type loads Chains flechetes etc etc.. from on line sellers.

If your going to hand load your own it really makes no sense ,other than personal want to mix various grades of bb's. Keep loads to specific shot size. Be it slug,buck,or bird shot keeps things simple.

ST~

__________________
'Steel cuts flesh / steel cuts bone / steel does not cut steel.'

Become steel or get cut.
Steel_Talon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon
I agree with Axxe Either buy factory loaded shells a few boxes at a time. Or seek out the "Cafeteria" type loads Chains flechetes etc etc.. from on line sellers.

If your going to hand load your own it really makes no sense ,other than personal want to mix various grades of bb's. Keep loads to specific shot size. Be it slug,buck,or bird shot keeps things simple.

ST~
True just curious, i do want to load flechettes. Ctd sells it by the pound
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

personally i wouldn't do it. simply because of using different size shot. best advise is to buy them already loaded like that, as they have worked out the details behind using different size shot. unless your load data books show data for such a load, i would hold off until they start publishing such information.
I will listen to your advise on this and research buck loads. Fot the smelter, the mold just need the knowledge
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Mixed reviews 97cobra 1911 Forum 31 09-28-2011 12:04 AM
.380 100gr w231 load question Skewed Ammunition & Reloading 4 03-14-2011 03:25 AM
.243 win load question and powder question Mantids88 Ammunition & Reloading 8 10-17-2010 12:55 AM
AR load development question ah141nj Ammunition & Reloading 3 12-21-2009 04:26 AM
do you use mixed brass? seedy Ammunition & Reloading 11 09-08-2008 11:52 PM