mixed load question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > mixed load question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Ive seen 12 guage rounds with a slug and 3 smaller rounds and i understand you have to use diffrent burning powders for diffrent loads but if u were to stack 00 buck ontop of bird shot what powder would you use

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-28-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Ive seen 12 guage rounds with a slug and 3 smaller rounds and i understand you have to use diffrent burning powders for diffrent loads but if u were to stack 00 buck ontop of bird shot what powder would you use
personally i wouldn't do it. simply because of using different size shot. best advise is to buy them already loaded like that, as they have worked out the details behind using different size shot. unless your load data books show data for such a load, i would hold off until they start publishing such information.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:28 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

I agree with Axxe Either buy factory loaded shells a few boxes at a time. Or seek out the "Cafeteria" type loads Chains flechetes etc etc.. from on line sellers.

If your going to hand load your own it really makes no sense ,other than personal want to mix various grades of bb's. Keep loads to specific shot size. Be it slug,buck,or bird shot keeps things simple.

ST~

Become steel or get cut.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon
I agree with Axxe Either buy factory loaded shells a few boxes at a time. Or seek out the "Cafeteria" type loads Chains flechetes etc etc.. from on line sellers.

If your going to hand load your own it really makes no sense ,other than personal want to mix various grades of bb's. Keep loads to specific shot size. Be it slug,buck,or bird shot keeps things simple.

ST~
True just curious, i do want to load flechettes. Ctd sells it by the pound

Old 10-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

personally i wouldn't do it. simply because of using different size shot. best advise is to buy them already loaded like that, as they have worked out the details behind using different size shot. unless your load data books show data for such a load, i would hold off until they start publishing such information.
I will listen to your advise on this and research buck loads. Fot the smelter, the mold just need the knowledge