mec 650 ?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading >

mec 650 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default mec 650 ?

I have a mec 650 and i looked the reciepes and i plan on reloading 00 buck but it has diffrent powder wieghts etween varies buck loads but with the 650 it releases the powder all on its own. So how do i know if its putting the right amount out and is a scale necessary to make sure. I plan on molding my own buck shot as well.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3456 Times on 1780 Posts
Likes Given: 374

I really feel you need to "get your feet wet" by succesfully loading standard birdshot ammo first. I loaded shotshells for over 20 years before I tackled buckshot. I will not share any recipes with a novice as there are too many variables that you need to get a better understanding of before moving on to "advanced" loading.

WTS, the bushing controls the amount of powder dropped on a MEC loader. Read the instructions and learn the loader, PLEASE!

Old 09-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #3

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
I really feel you need to "get your feet wet" by succesfully loading standard birdshot ammo first. I loaded shotshells for over 20 years before I tackled buckshot. I will not share any recipes with a novice as there are too many variables that you need to get a better understanding of before moving on to "advanced" loading.

WTS, the bushing controls the amount of powder dropped on a MEC loader. Read the instructions and learn the loader, PLEASE!
I read them but the reciepes call for diffrent amounts of powder. So is the block that slide ajustable and if so how can u measure with the slide

Old 09-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You can get the universal charge bar. That's adjustable for all kinds of charges. Model C/CS for single stage Mecs like the 600Jr. and Sizemaster and D/DS for progressives like 650 and 9000

Newest Threads