Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ammunition & Reloading (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Maybe Everything on the intetnet is true ! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f30/maybe-everything-intetnet-true-78122/)

Tenderribbs 12-09-2012 11:11 PM

Well Atleast on this website folks will call BS real quick I mean if someone posts dangerous loads or bad reloading inflormatilon it gets called out. So It just makes me wonder maybe everything on the Internet is true ?:)anyways it does feel good to know the Information here is valid and isn't going to get you hurt . And this in no way directed to anyone in particular

Axxe55 12-09-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenderribbs (Post 1045871)
Well Atleast on this website folks will call BS real quick I mean if someone posts dangerous loads or bad reloading inflormatilon it gets called out. So It just makes me wonder maybe everything on the Internet is true ?:)anyways it does feel good to know the Information here is valid and isn't going to get you hurt . And this in no way directed to anyone in particular

if talking about handloads that are on the internet, personally i stay with those i trust and are reliable sources, such as the powder, and bullet manufacterers. some joe blow off the internet is not a reliable source to me for reloading. just sayin'

TheoShooter 12-09-2012 11:56 PM

Don't worry. The Internet is only a fad. Probably won't be around very long........ But the information here is very good but you still should verify.

c3shooter 12-10-2012 12:24 AM

Seem to recall a quote-

"The problem with the internet is the difficulty in proving the truth of a statement."

Mark Twain

:p

downsouth 12-10-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1045931)
Seem to recall a quote-

"The problem with the internet is the difficulty in proving the truth of a statement."

Mark Twain

Wow, MT was really ahead of the times.

locutus 12-10-2012 05:15 PM

I've seen far too much B.S. on the web.

I trust the loads that I have personally worked up and tested over the last 50 years.

I don't care if some internet "know it all guru"(????) thinks they are too light, or too heavy. I know what works for me because I've tested and proven them.

winds-of-change 12-10-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenderribbs (Post 1045871)

The OP was talking about what he reads here on FTF. I think Notdku runs a very 'clean' website and illegal and dangerous activity is squelched pretty quickly here. It helps if someone reports the bad info if they come across it before us Mods do. I am still pretty much a gun newbie and I don't always know what is correct or not but I guarantee you all the other Mods know and take care of any 'bad' info promptly.

Vikingdad 12-10-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1045931)
Seem to recall a quote-

Mark Twain

Pretty insightful. Does that dude have his own website?:rolleyes:

tonydewar 12-11-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 1045955)
Wow, MT was really ahead of the times.

he got it from jules verne

nitestalker 12-11-2012 02:54 AM

What cases can be reformed for loading a .22 Minard Xtra Long a .22 CCM or a 5.5 Velo Dog? Which bullet would be used in these Ctgs? But wait are these all the same? Would Bulls Eye work in loading these rounds? Is the 5.5 Velo Dog a high or Low pressure round?

The answer can be found on the net in seconds. It would take hours to answer these questions although simple using loading manuals. Very few reloaders would know the answers. The Web is a great source for the reloader of any ammuntion.;)