Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Magtech 9mm +P+

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Magtech 9mm +P+

Anybody tried the Magtech 115 JHP +P+ ? I love velocity - and that load has it (1328 fps).

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Haven't tried it, but that load sounds really hot. I would suggest using it sparingly to avoid accelerated wear on your gun. I have, however, used Magtech in .32 S&W Long, .44 mag, and .38 special and had good luck. The cases reload good too.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default No to Magtech +P+

Shot up some targets today with the Magtech 9mm +P+ coming out of a S&W M&P9c. Not a good load for my gun. You could "feel" and "hear" the slide banging into the frame during recoil. Recoil didn't seem excessive, but the gun clearly was telling me to STOP. To make matters worse, not accurate. Five inch groups at seven yards, ouch!!!!! I'll stick with my Gold Dots .

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:50 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the honest review, Flint.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've put them thru my XD in 45 ACP and it seemed to really like them, they were very accurate. I did notice one thing though, with one round in the mag the slide locked back. I've never had this problem with any other ammo so for this reason I won't be getting any more. Other then that they were great!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Magtech 9mm +P+

I've used them,and didn't feel much recoil but plenty of flash from the muzzle on a suuny day in the open...
Here's a link of avideo where some guys perform an informal test using soapbars.
Happy new year!

Newest Threads