Lyman Tuffnut Media, my 2c

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Lyman Tuffnut Media, my 2c

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Lyman Tuffnut Media, my 2c

So im running around everywhere local trying to find some walnut media to clean my brass with. No pet stores have any walnut bedding, just bigger sized corncob(bought it).
Finally i hit a LGS a lil further then i wanted to travel, and thev got one box of Lyman's Tuffnut. Hooray!!, but wait.....

Filling up the bowl of the 1200 pro (lyman) with the crimson colored walnut shells i notice its quite dusty.Still in my glory 2hours later from finding some media, i shut the tumbler off to take a look at 200 pieces of brass i threw in with the tuffnut.

Inatially when i see them im happy asa clam in mud, but after closer inspection i notice its left that crappy residue inside the casing!!
It was totally like," Yeaaa"!!!!......"Awwwww" kinda deal.

I guess now im kinda bitter sweet about the whole deal. Guess id rather have pet bedding with no polish-dye-crap on the shellz.

Dont get me wrong it did a great job cleanin the outside, but felt like it made the inside worse almost.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here