Looks like it is time to get a bullet puller - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Looks like it is time to get a bullet puller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 01:34 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5687 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 378

pull em. dont beat it do death like your nailing something in oak. just gentle taps on a hard surface. seating in 230 grain bullets using 200grain load depth can vastly increase pressure. best to pull em

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #12

Liked 256 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Personally i use the Hornady collet puller. A little more money but it works well without damaging anything. Pull the heavy bullet reload with the correct one.

I keep an extra single stage press bolted to the bench to use for this and bullet sizing.

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #13

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I ordered an RCBS collet puller. I looked at a few different types, but I went with this one cause it will do 50 cal (with the right collet), and I am reloading 500 S&W.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would say buy a bullet puller. That is the safest and easiest way, those hammer type take a lot of hammering to get the bullett out. If you decide to get the kenitic typetry putting your bullets back in the press and if you crimped them, reseat them a little deeper to break the crimp and then use the puller or hammer type and the bullets will come out a lot easier.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #15

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Got my puller in this weekend. The RCBS puller worked very well. Only problem I had was the first time I tried, I got the case and gave it a very hard crimp. When I reset on the bullet, it came out very easy. Tried it on another round that was left over from a starting load, and it was fast and easy.