Lock-N-Load® Auto Charge™ Powder Dispenser

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > Lock-N-Load® Auto Charge™ Powder Dispenser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Lock-N-Load® Auto Charge™ Powder Dispenser

Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Charge Powder Scale and Dispenser 110/220 Volt - MidwayUSA

I ordered this product on the 3rd and paid the 4-6 day shipping on it. It shipped the same day I ordered it and I received it today. That was quick delivery; even UPS got it here earlier then their usual delivery time.

So I unpacked it and put it together which was easy no instructions on assembly come with it but you don't need them. I got to play with it a bit and it seems to be accurate to with-in 0.1th of a grain. Not bad at all, and it should help speed up the reloading a lot.

I used my RCBS digital to check each dispensed powder weight and it was consistent. I am happy with it so far, but the real test will come in a day or two when I finish reloading 400 .40 S&W's. I will post pics and an update when I do.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

ive got the rcbs version i love it. makes loading exact charges super easy.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #3

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Charge Powder Scale and Dispenser 110/220 Volt - MidwayUSA

I ordered this product on the 3rd and paid the 4-6 day shipping on it. It shipped the same day I ordered it and I received it today. That was quick delivery; even UPS got it here earlier then their usual delivery time.

So I unpacked it and put it together which was easy no instructions on assembly come with it but you don't need them. I got to play with it a bit and it seems to be accurate to with-in 0.1th of a grain. Not bad at all, and it should help speed up the reloading a lot.

I used my RCBS digital to check each dispensed powder weight and it was consistent. I am happy with it so far, but the real test will come in a day or two when I finish reloading 400 .40 S&W's. I will post pics and an update when I do.
Say what you will about Midway, their online ordering system and shipping absolutely rocks.

Mine is an RCBS too, and I'm very happy with it. I'll never completely do away with the old powder measure, but I use the digital about tens times as much.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default Powder Measure Comments

I run the Hornady L-N-L powder measure, the Dillon powder measure, and the Lee Pro Auto-Disk powder measure. The Hornady is the most consistent, but I have not been able to get it set up for my son to reload .380 Auto using the .355 PTX (when he wanted to start reloading, my wife "suggested" that I give him my L-N-L since I had enough Dillon 1050s). I personally think we need a longer PTX, but when I next see him we might just call Hornady and have them walk us through it.
The Dillon, with cartridge specific "powder funnels" (their term for the powder-through die insert), is very easy to set up and will generally stay within +/- 0.1gn with most powders. I recommend it for those who are more concerned with fast set-up than ultimate powder measure repeatability. I really like it. The only complaints I have are the adjusting bolt changes the charge weight quite a bit for a very small change and it, like its predecessor, the Lee Auto-Disk, can leak with very fine powder. Finally, the Lee PAD is just so simple to use that I will always have at least one around.
If you load cast or swage lead bullets, get the larger "lead" PTXs.